Light-O-Rama Forums

My first show is live

gspence

Hey guys, this is my first year doing an animated show with LOR controllers. Its something I've been wanting to do for a long time but we always end up going home over Christmas and I wouldn't want to abandon it for two weeks.

This year we stayed in town so I finally decided to put together a display. It's only about 30-40k lights right now and running on 32 channels. I'd love to hear opinions from so pros out there. Here are links to my first three songs. I'm producing about 1 new song every day or two and hope to get about 8-10 going in the next week or two.

Let it Snow - Michael Buble

Wizards in Winter - TSO (yeah I know, overdone but still a good song)

Christmas Canon Rock - TSO

I think it looks great... Good Job. I have 32 channels but can only use 16 right now.. One of my controllers is giving me trouble but I will be trying something that may fix it in the morning. If not I guess I will be sending it in.

I hope you get it worked out! I'm already looking forward to next year and getting two more controllers. I think my next addition will be a couple of leaping arches and a mega-tree.

I just wish I had a bigger front yard! ;)

Your sequences look really good~ Congrats!! :]...Your YouTube videos posted have great sound to them. How did you do that? Last year we recorded our house and the music to with it that was broadcasted on the radio, but yours sounds like you added the video without sound to the music track from your computer. I want to change my sound this year when I post online...please share how you did it....I'm prob the only one who doesn't know how! ;)

Yeah, I added the soundtack to them during editing. I have my outside sound pretty low so I don't disturb the neighbors. Its completely inaudible in the video so I just mute the sound from the camera and overlay the original MP3 file.

Wow Great Job !! The timing was Great on the song Let it snow !! Can you PM me the Sequences this is my sec year and my sequences suck compaired to yours thats if you want to Keep up the good work :)

Nice Job! I was struck by the similarities in how we did Christmas canon Rock. It's a great song for sequencing...

It's my first year this year and I really enjoyed doing it. I'll be posting videos on Vineo as soon as I clean up the sound...

This is my first year, I agree 100% that Christmas Vacation is my all-time fav Christmas movie and you did a great job on the sequence for it. This is my first year with Lightorama, just received the 2 controllers to do 32 channels about a month ago, would love to get a copy of your Christmas Vacation sequence if you wouldn't mind sharing. WynsWrld98@yahoo.com

Merry Christmas,
Wayne