Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I add voice...

Donny M. Carter

Is there a way to add a voice over recored in Audacity to my old sequences? I need to tell people viewing my show to turn on the hazard lights. Thanks for any help.

Sure.Just go into audacity and record your voice over.Then just bring it into your sequence editor just like a song.Then either sequence it or just save it and run it without lights.

I guess what I meant to say can i put a recording on top of my existing sequence? If I bring in audio into the sequence, won't it replace the music?

Once you have used audacity to do the voice over you need to load it into your Lightorama folder into the music folder and then edit your media for that sequence to use the new edited version. Audacity has very good instructions as to how to do voice overs but if you have any more questions about this just let us know we will try to help, just make sure your microphone is working properly and you can adjust the music level as well as your microphone level.

you can do it two ways...

1) Like walleyes said, just record your voice over to another track to your song using Audacity...

or

2) Record it as a separate audio file, then using Audacity, merge the two together.

This way you have a separate recording of the voice over.

6 of one, half dozen of another...