Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with LOR sequence editor (resolved)

Guest guest

Hi Everyone! Just a little over 1 month to go until my first show!

I'm working on a little halloween mini show to give everything a dry run before Christmas. I'm having a problem in the sequence editor, when I click new music sequence after I type in my name and the number of channels I get an error that says Error creating new musical sequence. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix?

neo8820 wrote:

Hi Everyone! Just a little over 1 month to go until my first show!

I'm working on a little halloween mini show to give everything a dry run before Christmas. I'm having a problem in the sequence editor, when I click new music sequence after I type in my name and the number of channels I get an error that says Error creating new musical sequence. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix?

This happened to me one. In front of no less than 50 people. Alas, I had to do a reboot to clear up the problem. I have no idea what was causing it.

Nothing wrong with the song. It works fine on the computer that I used to write the sequence. It's just on the computer that I'm using to run the show. Also, the hardware utility will talk to the LOR box but it won't talk to it when I run a show.

neo8820 wrote:

Nothing wrong with the song. It works fine on the computer that I used to write the sequence. It's just on the computer that I'm using to run the show. Also, the hardware utility will talk to the LOR box but it won't talk to it when I run a show.

Andy, OK it sounds like your using 2 different computers. One to sequence and one for the show. Is the audio file also on the computer for the show?

Also, you don't run Hardware Utility when working with or running sequences. It's one or the other but not both. Make sure the Hardware Utility is closed before running the show.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Ok after two days I finally figured it out!

There were two problems.

1) The integrated audio card was crap and the drivers I got from the company who built it didn't work. So I went out and bought a sound blaster card. After I installed it I was able to edit musical sequences.

2) After solving this problem I still couldn't control my LOR by playing animations or sequences. However, I could control LOR via the Hardware utility. After playing around with the sequence editor a bit I found an option for Network preferences. In there was an option for what comm port LOR is on. After changed that setting it worked.