Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing from anothers Sequence

thevikester

I got a good looking sequence from a fellow LOR junkie, and my question is this, his timings are not static, i.e. .05 or .10, etc...he has some longer timings, shorter timings, etc... How can I take his sequence, move it over to a new sequence, so I can cut and paste to my display...as the Timings thing seems to be throwing it way off.

I'm sure this could have been posted under the newbs section, and believe me I searched there with no luck. Thanks a million!

You could either copy his timings to your sequence, or copy the events and "Paste by Time" instead of "Paste by Cell." Pasting by Time will paste the events without changing them.

To copy the timings, create a new Freeform timing grid in your new sequence. Change over to it. Now go to the old sequence and select an entire row. "CTRL +" to copy and "SHIFT +" to paste. (Or look in the Edit menu for copy/paste timings.)

Don wrote:

You could either copy his timings to your sequence, or copy the events and "Paste by Time" instead of "Paste by Cell." Pasting by Time will paste the events without changing them.

To copy the timings, create a new Freeform timing grid in your new sequence. Change over to it. Now go to the old sequence and select an entire row. "CTRL +" to copy and "SHIFT +" to paste. (Or look in the Edit menu for copy/paste timings.)

Not getting the Freeform...didn't specify a timing grid, just the amount of time, so thats cool, I highlight a channel all the way to the end, I copy, trying anyways with the menu buttons, I've tried control C, to Control P also, I go over to the blank sequence...and it won't paste it...am I missing something?