Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama 2.8 Sequence Editor

Robert G.

I recently upgraded to 2.8 so I can run new sequences and have a few problems when trying to create a new sequence or edit one:

First, when I click play and run the sequence, there is no little stop button on the tool bar so I have to go into Play next to File, Edit and such and click "stop." This simply waists time and gets in the way of trying to get perfect timing when sequencing. So how do I get that little stop button back, and if it's already there, how do I enable it?

Second, if I have a part of the sequence I need to delete, I click the red square on the toolbar like normally, but when I highlight the channels it doesn't delete and I need to right click the area and manually select "off." Also, with the old version I was using I was able to choose an option from the toolbar such as "fade in" and overlap a part of the sequence and it would change to what I just set it to. (I hope I explained that well enough to atleast understand.)

So how do I fix these "weird" settings because its really getting in the way of my projects.

Thanks for the help and if these questions were already covered somewhere else, I apologise.

www.OurLightDisplay.webs.com

Do you have the Standard tool bar showing?

View/toolbars/standard

There is a play button, play again button and stop button.

I hardly ever use the buttons. I find it much faster to use the keyboard shortcuts. Highlight the section, press Delete.

Keyboard start/stop is the easiest.. while the sequence is playing, click somewhere in the grid, then when you want to stop, hit the spacebar.. make your changes.. to start, hit the spacebar again.. If its playing and it wont stop when you hit the spacebar, you didnt click inside the grid (stealing focus)..

You click the effect button you want the box to do first, then click on the box? Click OFF button first, then click/highlight the boxes so they go off but they dont?

Which specific version are you running? 2.8.xx ?

The version is the most recent of the 2.8. Yes it is the standard toolbar.

And yes I click the off button then highlight the channels and it doesn't delete. I'm doing nothing different, its the same way I always edit.

Thanks with the start/stop help and thanks for the tip Brian. I might have to use that delete button.

But what about the overlapping issues? I can't overlap animation in the sequence with a new effect and it changes?

Rob, open the Sequencer and on the very top title bar, copy the version number and post the problem in the S2 Software forum.. have Dan look into it.. Deleting problem, and fade paste.. it sounds like bugs.. I would uninstall and reinstall with a fresh copy.

Guest Don Gillespie

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Rob, open the Sequencer and on the very top title bar, copy the version number and post the problem in the S2 Software forum.. have Dan look into it.. Deleting problem, and fade paste.. it sounds like bugs.. I would uninstall and reinstall with a fresh copy.

I agree Rob I had a problem with the show editor I redownlaoded the the 2.8.12 advanced version and everything is working fine I would try the down load and see if that helps

First, when I click play and run the sequence, there is no little stop button on the tool bar so I have to go into Play next to File, Edit and such and click "stop." This simply waists time and gets in the way of trying to get perfect timing when sequencing. So how do I get that little stop button back, and if it's already there, how do I enable it?

The button is (likely) there - it's just been pushed offscreen, because of the positioning of your toolbar panels and the fact that we've added more toolbar buttons.

You can get it back onscreen by dragging the toolbar panels to new locations.

Second, if I have a part of the sequence I need to delete, I click the red square on the toolbar like normally, but when I highlight the channels it doesn't delete and I need to right click the area and manually select "off."

I haven't heard of this one before. Is it possible that you have "Background Effects" turned on? That makes the tool apply only to areas of the selection that are currently off, so if you used that with the "Off" tool, it would seem like nothing is happening.

Also, with the old version I was using I was able to choose an option from the toolbar such as "fade in" and overlap a part of the sequence and it would change to what I just set it to. (I hope I explained that well enough to atleast understand.)

I'm not sure that I understand. But again, is it possible that you have "Background Effects" turned on?