Light-O-Rama Forums

New Animation View

Guest guest

I have sequenced several songs, but now I would like to slightly modify the layout in my yard. Rather than change each animation view for each sequence, can I modify only one animation view and then use the Export Channel Configuration? Will this change the animation view for all the sequences? I do not want to change the channel configurations, only the animation for all the sequences I have already finished.

circus4u wrote:

I have sequenced several songs, but now I would like to slightly modify the layout in my yard. Rather than change each animation view for each sequence, can I modify only one animation view and then use the Export Channel Configuration? Will this change the animation view for all the sequences? I do not want to change the channel configurations, only the animation for all the sequences I have already finished.

Yes & no, as long as you changed the animation view, export it to a file and save it. You'll be able to import that same file on another sequence with the same animation and channel config you had on the first one. But you must save each sequence you already created with the new channel config which will have the new animation view with it (when you select yes when quoted to do so).

If you changed the channel configuration at the same time, the new channel config will stay with that same file you created to your new sequences which you will lose your old channel config. Save it under a different name if your not sure so you will have the original just in case.

Hope that helped some,

Tom

circus4u wrote:

Tom is on the right track, let me try and simplify.

You have already sequenced 3 songs, and now wish to change the animation. We can already assume that you have a "template" set aside that imported into the 2nd and 3rd sequence when you created them.

Open any sequence. Edit your animation to match the new set up. Export this animation to a new file. (It's nice to be able to go back to an old version, just in case.)

Now open your other two sequences, and import the new template. It will ask you if you wish to import the animation view, and you should remember to say "Yes." (Otherwise, you just did all of that work for nothing!)

Tom and Don,

Thanks for the advice. I saved all my originals to a thumb drive (just in case) and then did as you suggested. It worked just great, no problems.

The weather is really cooling down here, so I was out in the yard (OK, desert) doing some work. Got to thinking, this would look better here and I should change this to that. The changes will involve going back and doing minor changes to the sequencing too, but nothing major. Pretty bad when the temp is in the low 90s, doing upkeep on the yard and thinking about Christmas lights.

After two days working in the yard, my body is reminding me where all those unused muscles are located! I figure that I have about another week's worth of work to do out there, then two weeks of recuperation! I got 17 shepherd's hooks on clearance at Wally World that I have been putting around my walkway in the front yard. Have to use a sledge hammer to drive a stake in the ground to make the hole, then get the stake out and put in the shepherd's hook. For Christmas, I will hang some of the angels I got on clearance from Action Lighting from them (the reason I needed to change my "animation view.") Rest of the year, I plan to hang solar lights. Have been reworking the horse coral in the back yard also, moving about a dozen fence posts. Have to use a hydraulic jack and chain to get them out of the ground!

Love the cooler weather though, definitely saves on the air conditioning cost. Down here in the southwest, we hibernate in the summer and come out in the fall. Right Ray?