Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone feel like making/selling resistive load plugs

Guest guest

I don't want to hack around with a night light at the end of my sets. I want something nice and sealed that could be plugged onto the end of a light set. I need 64 of these to handle my LOR flicker problem w/LEDs. Can someone please sell these?

Anyone?

jmccorm wrote:

I don't want to hack around with a night light at the end of my sets. I want something nice and sealed that could be plugged onto the end of a light set. I need 64 of these to handle my LOR flicker problem w/LEDs. Can someone please sell these?

Anyone?

Have you upgraded your firmware to the latest version? I thougt that seemed to solve the LED flicker problem. I have 5,000 LED's and no flicker. :)

jmccorm wrote:

Running CTB16D ver 2.0 (older) and CTB16D ver 3.0 (newer) and having the problems.

Firmware version grabbed from the LOR Hardware Tool.

There is a new verison of firmware that has not been put on the website. It will fix the LED flicker problem. We have tried it on every brand we could find and the flicker was gone.

Look for it soon on the support page. We have not posted it yet because we need to set things up a little differently. The CTB16D (green) and CTB16D (blue) take different firmware. Pain in the neck so we are trying to make it easyier to do.

By the way, the firmware on the support page is more recient than is delivered with the software CD or download.

Hey Dan - you mentioned to me at one time not too upgrade the firmware if you don't have a problem. Knock kncok I don't have a problem so far and I purchase my controller last year and two years ago?

Any timing yet on the firmware for the MP3 yet?

Just asking - not a rush!

Bill Jr.

• 2 months later...

I need some help. I have the latest firmware and still need a simple solution to solve fading issues with LEDs. I just need a simple resistive load solution. Like the original post, I'd like to just plug in a simple resistive load plug with no lights to each of the problematic channels/LEDs. I saw the C9 solution, but don't want the bulb because it will be outside. Is there something simple without a bulb that can be made or bought? Or can I wire in directly at the terminals on the board a resistive load?

Regards,

Roy

DrNiceGuy wrote:

I need some help. I have the latest firmware and still need a simple solution to solve fading issues with LEDs. I just need a simple resistive load solution. Like the original post, I'd like to just plug in a simple resistive load plug with no lights to each of the problematic channels/LEDs. I saw the C9 solution, but don't want the bulb because it will be outside. Is there something simple without a bulb that can be made or bought? Or can I wire in directly at the terminals on the board a resistive load?

Regards,

Roy

Roy,

What type of controllers are your using? And you are on ver 4.1 of the firmware? What is the flicker problem you are having? What does it look like? We tested with a wide variety of LEDs and did not see any issues with ver 4.1 of the firmware.