Light-O-Rama Forums

Stand Alone vs Networked

Guest guest

I've got a question, If I use 3 LOR boxes in standalone mode with 3 different programs, then I decide to connect all the boxes to my computer, does the computer control override the downloaded programs.

Is there a way for the computer to be running a show than have some external trigger on the inputs of the board to override the show and run the stand alone program?

Or better yet, have the computer control be running 'background' effects than have an external trigger start special events.

Any ideas. I'm trying to hook up my halloween setup to run a show, but when someone walks up, I want it to trigger a special sequence.

MichaelC wrote:

I've got a question, If I use 3 LOR boxes in standalone mode with 3 different programs, then I decide to connect all the boxes to my computer, does the computer control override the downloaded programs.

Is there a way for the computer to be running a show than have some external trigger on the inputs of the board to override the show and run the stand alone program?

Or better yet, have the computer control be running 'background' effects than have an external trigger start special events.

Any ideas. I'm trying to hook up my halloween setup to run a show, but when someone walks up, I want it to trigger a special sequence.

With LOR 1.5 this is not possible. You will have unexpected results.
It's possible that LOR 2.0 will have methods to allow this to happen.