Light-O-Rama Forums

30 channel mega tree sequence help

bwaldrep

This year, I'm adding a mega tree, and 4 - 8 channel arches to my display. I figured I could just add to my 2009 sequences, and I'd be all set. The arches are pretty easy, basic chasing type stuff, but this is my 1st year with a mega tree, so I'm getting stumped on how to sequence the tree and make it look good, and where in the songs to have it do stuff.

I was hoping someone may have a similar configuration, as far as the mega tree goes, to some of my songs, and I could just copy and paste the mega tree part. or at least get my mind going in the right direction.

The tree it self will be 20 some odd feet tall, with a base circumference of 30'. I'm going to go with 120 strands (all green), spaced out 3" apart at the base. To keep things even I'm going with 30 channels around, which will be 4 strands per channel. Also a 3D, 3 channel star on top, and 1 channel for strobes in the tree.

Here are the songs I used last year, I haven't figured out if I want to use them all again, or just some of them. If anyone can just point me in the right direction of how, and when to sequence the mega tree, that would be very helpful.

THX Robot Breakdown
Carol of Bell - Monique Danielle
Joy to the world - Mannheim Steamroller
I want a hippo - Gayla Peevey
Lucy and Linus
Winter Wonderland
Deck The Halls - Mannheim Steamroller
Wizards in Winter - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Christmas Eve - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Stille Nacht - Mannheim Steamroller
Wish Lizst - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Where are you Christmas - Faith Hill
Christmas Vacation Theme - Christmas Vacation Soundtrack

Brent

mijoangel wrote:

Sent Pm

Not sure why you sent him a PM because any information shared here can help other sequencers too.

With the new tools added this year to version 2.8.8, mainly the chase tool, it is going to make programming the mega trees much easier now. Create a test musical sequence and add your 30 channels to it. Also create an animation on the animation screen to display those 30 channels and play with the tools and get to know them well before adding the mega tree to your existing sequences and programming those.

• 3 weeks later...

I too would like to use as many of my last year's sequences as possible and am also adding a 16 channel mega tree and 7 channel arches. As much as I'd like to sequence them myself I barely learned the basics of sequencing last year, my first year. I have been searching the shared sequences and dl the ones that have those elements in them already so I can hopefull copy and paste them in to my arch and mega tree channels. I know a lot of people may not believe in using someone elses sequence, but I have found them very helpful in learning what little I have learned about sequencing so far. I just looked at the chase sample again included in the software and just now figured out that I can add the number of elements I want in my chase (duh)!! Wow, I think that's really gonna help me in sequencing my own archs! See, although this is a new thread with not much information so far it has made me think and this time when I opened the chase sample there it was! Thanks guys............

• 3 months later...