Light-O-Rama Forums

Good pattern ideas for long rows of lights?

Guest guest

I've got a long row of 16 single color (red) lights. I haven't yet figured out if they're going to be mini-trees or candy canes. But I'm having trouble thinking outside of the box when it comes to really making good use out of them. Does anyone have any good patterns that they've done with long rows of lights?

To get the conversation kicked off, I'm including a sample of the only effect I'm really happy with. A 4-step crossfade in groups of three. The background starts off as 100% on and ramps down to 0% on, while at the same time the foreground start off as 0% on and ramps up to 100% on. It looks nice in real life.

attachment.php?id=4156

Naturally, the animation window butchers it slightly...

http://members.cox.net/jmccorm4/crossfade.avi

Attached files 68679=4156-crossfade.jpg

Hello JM,

If you want me to play around with it a little, I will, but I think what you have already done looks to work very well. You might look at some of Don's sequences he has provided on the LOR Wiki, it might be of help. He uses a bunch of rows of lights in his yard.

Tom

jmccorm wrote:

Well, I think what I have in that particular song works well. I'm just looking for some new ideas on how to take advantage of a row of lights.

I agree, take a look at some of the videos on LOR and see if something sticks out. There's some great ideas to see.

Tom