Light-O-Rama Forums

Show won't work(resolved)

Guest guest

Ok, I need some help. For some reason the show won't control the lights. Let me see how much detail I can provide, to figire out where I went wrong.

In the sequence editor, everything works great. All of the sequences work and control the lights.

In the hardware utility, everything works great. No problems at all.

I created show, and it has just 4 musical sequences in it and nothing else.

I created a shedule and told it just play all of the time.

In the LOR control panel, I enabled shows, and the status window indicates that it is playing the show, but yet no lights blink and no music plays. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,

Rick

Denis Chaput wrote:

When you created the scheduler did you save it after .I had this problem when I tried mine

Yes, I did. I can reopen the scheduler and it shows up just fine. Also, according to the status window, the show is running, so therefore, the schedule must be saved correctly.

Brad Caudill wrote:

got me stumped.. I would resave everything and then if that does not work go and make sure in hardware utility that it is locating the controller.

Everything works fine in the hardware utility. THe hardware utility finds the controller and controls it just fine.

Santas Helper wrote:

Did you assign the channels to the controller?

Tom

Yes, I did. In the sequence editor, the lights blink just as they should. They just don't blink when the show is running (the music doesn't play when thye show is running either.

It really has me stumpt. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm certain we'll be able to figure it out.

Make sure scheduler, sequencer, and hardware utility is closed. Then click on start, all programs, light-o-rama, then light-o-rama control panel. In the tray at the bottom of the screen, you'll see the light-o-rama icon. Right click on it, then enable shows. That sounds like the solution.

Here's another thing to check:

In the Sequence Editor, go to:

Play menu, and look down that menu and you should see "Control Lights" is checked.

This is a feature in the software to allow a demo version to be downloaded, that cannot control the lights. Once you buy the real package, you re-install the new LOR software and it then allows you to check off the "Control Lights" feature.

Also, hardware utility cannot be running at the same time, you can only run one or the other so make sure it's closed, as others here have mentioned.

Brad Caudill wrote:

You don't have the sequence editor open at the same time do ya? I think it won't work if it is.

No, I don't. It gives a COM port error if you do that, so that 's not the problem.

mountainwxman wrote:

Make sure scheduler, sequencer, and hardware utility is closed. Then click on start, all programs, light-o-rama, then light-o-rama control panel. In the tray at the bottom of the screen, you'll see the light-o-rama icon. Right click on it, then enable shows. That sounds like the solution.

That's what I already did. The status window says that the show is playing, but there are no blinky lights and no audio. When it says the show is playing, the LED on the controller is solid red, indicating there is communication.

jeffostroff wrote:

Here's another thing to check:

In the Sequence Editor, go to:

Play menu, and look down that menu and you should see "Control Lights" is checked.

This is a feature in the software to allow a demo version to be downloaded, that cannot control the lights. Once you buy the real package, you re-install the new LOR software and it then allows you to check off the "Control Lights" feature.

Also, hardware utility cannot be running at the same time, you can only run one or the other so make sure it's closed, as others here have mentioned.

This isn't it either. The sequence editor is controlling the lights perfectly well.

If the hardware utility was running at the same time, it would give a COM port error and the status window would never show that the show is playing.

Ok, this is odd.

I got it working, but here's how:

I originally had the program installed on the E: drive of the computer. This is a raid 0 drive, so everything is duplicate. I uninstalled it from the E: drive and reinstalled it on the E: drive. It still did not work.

I Uninstalled it from the E: drive again, but this time I reinstalled it on the C: drive. I copied the audio, sequence, and show file over to the C: drive. I recreated the schedule, saying to play 24 hours a day. Now it works fine.

I can only think that perhaps it did not likle being installed on the E: drive.

Thank you everyone, for your assistance.

I had this problem. I had two shows with very similar names and accidently entered the wrong one into the scheduler. The scheduler would show that the show was running like yours but is was actually an empty show so nothing worked. I scratched my head over that for a while.
If you had done the same, then you probably solved it when you recreated the schedule. Possibility?