Light-O-Rama Forums

Question-Sequence editor wont control lights

Guest guest

Hello, The sequence editor will not run one of my sequences.. is there a time limit in which it can only be otherwise it won't or am I just doing something wrong or what is going on here? Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.. thanks!

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

Hello, The sequence editor will not run one of my sequences.. is there a time limit in which it can only be otherwise it won't or am I just doing something wrong or what is going on here? Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.. thanks!

Have you tried the following from the wiki?

http://www.lorwiki.com/en/index.php/LORFAQ:Troubleshooting#I_programmed_the_sequence.2C_but_the_lights_don.27t_work.

Yes.. I have used that.. its a great feature. Thanks for the reminder though.. does that take the configuration as far as the Channel Id's too? Right now I've only used it for channel identification in text and for my animation.. I haven't used it yet for the actually ID assignment.

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

Yes.. I have used that.. its a great feature. Thanks for the reminder though.. does that take the configuration as far as the Channel Id's too? Right now I've only used it for channel identification in text and for my animation.. I haven't used it yet for the actually ID assignment.

Yes .. it takes any and all channel configuration and saves it for you. Everything from channel assignements, color selections, notes, etc., are saved.

Also, if you have any animation saved, you are given the option to import that as well. It will save it for you by default.

You also want to make sure that the correct controller is called out in your channel configuration.

Lastly, under the Play menu, you want to make sure "Control Lights" is checked, otherwise your sequence will not control the lights!

I can see that some newbies coming on board might forget that the demo version of the software has "Control Lights" dsiabled.

So if you start playing with the free download LOR demo software, then your hardware arrives, and you forget to install the full featured code, you'll be scratching your head for some time trying to figure why your lights won't come on.