Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy with LOR and my LED trees!!

Guest guest

Just finish playing with first of three LOR units and ran a test with my twelve mini trees that I built using C6 led lights They fade up and down , shimmer and twinkle beautifully am very happy with results .Feel like a kid in a candy shop :waycool::waycool:Most of my display will be led strings.

ok i am sure this has been asked here before but i had alot of trouble working with this laste year. i have ctb 8 and i want to use some led lights, how do i get them to work inmy show? i know i have to dim them buy how do i do that when i am seqencing>?

joshuashu wrote:

ok i am sure this has been asked here before but i had alot of trouble working with this laste year. i have ctb 8 and i want to use some led lights, how do i get them to work inmy show? i know i have to dim them buy how do i do that when i am seqencing>?

Joshuashu,

Unfortunately you have the only LOR card (CTB08) that is not recommended for LEDs. Your card if from last year and is not very LED friendly. We did make a change to the CTB08s at some point that improved the LED handling.

You (and anyone that owns a CTB08) that has problems with LEDs can send an email to info@lightorama.com and request a updated chip for your controller(s). We will mail those chips out to you for no charge.

Please include: your name, zip code used when you ordered, current mailing address, number of chips required.

Becky_Racioppo wrote:

Will this chip make the CTB08 LOR ll compliant or will that be an additional one?

No it will not be LOR II compliant. Unfortunatly there is not enough code space in the chip to allow that.

There really isn't a reason to get the chip now unless you are going to use LEDs.

John Booker wrote:

No it will not be LOR II compliant. Unfortunatly there is not enough code space ....

Does this means that all of the 8 channel boards will not support LORII???

No it does not mean that 8 channel boards will not support LOR II... It does mean that the CTB08 does not have room for both LOR I and LOR II at the same time. Note we are only talking about the CTB08 not the CTB08D. The CTB08D does have in field firmware upgrade and is not an issue.

Denis Chaput wrote:

Just finish playing with first of three LOR units and ran a test with my twelve mini trees that I built using C6 led lights They fade up and down , shimmer and twinkle beautifully am very happy with results .Feel like a kid in a candy shop :waycool::waycool:Most of my display will be led strings.

Denis; I agree with Jeff, we need photos!