Light-O-Rama Forums

Disappearing gridlines

Guest guest

Oooops! I have made the timeing grid lines (the vertical ones) disappear!!

I dont know how I got rid of them, nor how to bring them back...I'm sure this has happened to someone else...Anyone wanna tell me how to fix it?

Thanks!

Kathy Byrd

I accidentially did that a few times myself. I did the Edit, Delete Extraneous Events and all my timing lines are gone, and there are no undo for timing lines. It happened I didn't save my sequence as well. I had to tap them all over again.

LightORama wrote:

Kathy,

Did they all disappear in a sequence that at one time had them, or a few disappeared or do you have a new sequence with no timing marks?

Wes wrote:
I accidentially did that a few times myself. I did the Edit, Delete Extraneous Events and all my timing lines are gone, and there are no undo for timing lines. It happened I didn't save my sequence as well. I had to tap them all over again.

UH OH....:shock: It happened when I had barely any experience with LOR...(yesterday) and I've slept since then...(last night) :laughing: To the best of my rememberer: I think thats what I did. (the delete extraneous events that Wes mentioned)

I had listened to the song several times and had clicked on a few boxes and was triyng out the different buttons and features of LOR...when OOOPS...I looked up and the timing grids lines had disappeared!!!

I had the channel rows, but no columns!

Thanks!

Ok, now that we figured out WHAT happened,....(Delete Extraneous Events)

Why did it happen..(what's the purpose of that function) and how do I get the grid lines back....(got a fix for it) ???

ladybyrd....really thought that new toy was broke!!!

Unfortunately you cannot undo the he removal of events. Why doe the "delete extraneous events" command exists? A number of reasons... First what the command does is get rid of any of any events (timing marks) that do not have a lighting command associated with them. One of he reasons is was added was to get rid of events created by the tapper wizard that you did not use. .

Unfortunately you cannot undo the he removal of events. Why doe the "delete extraneous events" command exists? A number of reasons... First what the command does is get rid of any of any events (timing marks) that do not have a lighting command associated with them. One of he reasons is was added was to get rid of events created by the tapper wizard that you did not use. .

LightORama wrote:

So, in other words...I picked the ONE thing to "do" on LOR, that there is no "un-do" button for?? :laughing: Just my luck!!! :laughing: My dad used to try and give me that "pep talk" when I was a kid!!! Only, there usually was a BIG belt associated with THAT lecture, (he said it was to improve my hearing AND my memory!!) :laughing:

Now, Dan, are there any other "dont touch that" buttons I need to ask about before messin' with???? Or do I just need to be more careful when I play with functions I dont know anything about???

ladybyrd in louisiana....still learning life's lessons!

Kathy Byrd wrote:

LightORama wrote:

So, in other words...I picked the ONE thing to "do" on LOR, that there is no "un-do" button for?? :laughing: Just my luck!!! :laughing: My dad used to try and give me that "pep talk" when I was a kid!!! Only, there usually was a BIG belt associated with THAT lecture, (he said it was to improve my hearing AND my memory!!) :laughing:

Now, Dan, are there any other "dont touch that" buttons I need to ask about before messin' with???? Or do I just need to be more careful when I play with functions I dont know anything about???

ladybyrd in louisiana....still learning life's lessons!

that reminds me of TLC's life lessons..

755264_xl.jpg