Light-O-Rama Forums

Transferring sequences to a new computer

Guest guest

This will be my first year using LOR and received my controllers about 2 weeks ago. This might be a dumb question but I have spent hours trying to solve my problem. I have been creating sequences on my PC. I now want to use my laptop rather than the PC to control my show. I am trying to transfer my sequences over but after doing so, I get an error which reads "error playing audio file". My show copied over in the sequence editor fine. I have LOR software on both computers. Any ideas? Is ther a certain way I need to copy them over?

The audio file are located in a different folder than they were on your other pc.
You can wither edit the location as Craig mentioned, (and you will need to do this for each sequence), open each one in the editor change the location.
-or-
Look on your other PC and recreate the same folder on your new pc and place your audio files in it!

terrypowerz wrote:

Look on your other PC and recreate the same folder on your new pc and place your audio files in it!

Yeah, this is kinda a pain for me. I do my work on a WinXP machine, and use a Win98 machine as the show computer. The "Documents" directory is in a completely different path between these two systems. I'm kind of anal about storing things only in the Docs folder, since that way they can easilly get backed up, etc... Anyway, I've been living with having to go through every sequence and re-select the audio file every time I go back and forth...

-Tim