Light-O-Rama Forums

About the 128 bit rate

Roxxxtar

I get the need for having a constant bit rate. However I'm not clear on why the song files need to be encoded at 128.

I know I have several files in this years show that have a higher bit rate, 320 even, and everything seems to be working just fine. I have already run the complete show sitting in my living room floor with 48 channels running. lol

Am I missing something?

I'm having issues with my music when running the show from my mini director , runs fine from my laptop but not the director maybe the bit rate is my problem ? How do u change that ?

I get the need for having a constant bit rate. However I'm not clear on why the song files need to be encoded at 128.

I know I have several files in this years show that have a higher bit rate, 320 even, and everything seems to be working just fine. I have already run the complete show sitting in my living room floor with 48 channels running. lol

Am I missing something?

When you have things that require very precise programming, for example singing faces it can lead to the mouth movements not staying with the words. I actually have come to use WAV files with my singing face sequences instead of mp3's all together

I could say sooo many things that would get me in trouble,  like " What are you drinking while sitting in your chair"?, bostonchris81, same thing.  Probably sitting in your chair watching it on the laptop.

So I don't get in trouble, I will not say those things.   I am sure some of the resident smart people will chime in with a better Smart A$$ answer soon.

Anyway,  yes either 128 CBR, or WAV and you should have no problems.

I always used 192K bit rate and CBR on my older MP3 DIrector, never had any issues witrh using 192K with my MP3 Director.  It bit the dust about a year or so ago, started using a desktop for the shows, doubt I may ever go back to an MP3 Director, unless the G3 is diversely different in the number of shows it can handle over the original MP3 Showtime Director, I think they're a bit limited for my use now.

Used to think this the other way around, but after having to use a computer to set up and run my shows when my MP3 Director went belly up{it won't read the SD Card any longer, and I've tried several that I know are all good}.  Anyway I found that the director units are good in some circumstances, but a computer gives you by far more flexability and options that the director just can't, unless the G3 has a major makeover from the original, the directors are limited to 9 shows, on rare occasion I needed more than 9!   And I know my original Showtime MP3 Director could not play sequences in a true or any random order, only in the order they're put on the SD Card, whereas the computer allows the sequences to select and play sequences randomly, so each show may look different because the songs are truly randomized for each show.

I've always used 128Kbps bitrate MP3 files for no other reason than I read way back in 2007 when I was starting that was what LOR recommended. (And also, wav files were so large in comparison.) Since I figured they knew more about their software than I did, I never questioned it.

This is my eighth year now, and to date I've never had a single problem with even one audio file. Coincidence? I'll bet not ...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this...I was so close to beating my laptop across the table after getting 64 channels complete for the first 11 seconds...and then couldn't move on!  Awesome and quick fix once I got the answer.  And somehow converting didn't seem to throw off my first 11 seconds of work!