Light-O-Rama Forums

Colored Lights in Singing Monsters?

Dcroc

What's the common trend for lights in the singing monster faces?  All clear, Colored, RGB?  I was just going to us all clear lights, but I'm seeing a lot on youtube that seem to have a couple different colors. Can't really decide what I like better.  

I use dumb RGB and have the outline in green, eyes open in blue, eyes closed in ice blue, top and middle and bottom lip in purple, oh in white and, ah in yellow. But in all reality it's just a personal preference and the type of lights you have and the cost. Good luck and have fun with it.

Don't know that faces need to be overly flashy/colored.  You can relie on the rest of your disply for that.  Plus, if you go rgb on all 8 face segments (outline, eyes, mouth), you really inflat you channel count from 8 to 24.  Go with a different outline color but I would keep the mouth colors the same and the eyes the same.  I want a smoth transformation between face movements and too much color or changing colors, might clutter it up.

Same here on my faces, I don't go flashy on them. I just use colored rope light and I can get two faces in one controller with each one a different color. Each of my Halloween faces are a different color.

Edited by Mr. P

i use 100 RGB nodes for each of my singing Christmas Tree mouths, but not really for the colors but because my 5 different mouth shapes share some of the same nodes and I needed a way to control them indivdiually, depending on the mouth shape needed...

Edited by jimswinder

I am using the same faces I do for Christmas.

I am using my 4 (8) channel trees but plan on making a different outline using rope lights or maybe some kind of add on cover around the edge of the frame they are in with a different shape and color for the outlines...

maybe blue or possibly even green just not in the shape of a tree... that will save me on costs as well as non season storage.

as for as colors... mine are all blue eyes, white eyes closed, white/clear for ll the mouth movements. but it wont be hard to change the color by just putting some colored plastic / lens over parts of it.

• The topic was locked