Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Talley Spiral Tree Sequences

EARLE W. TALLEY

Very nice. First video to me was one of the best I've seen.

Couple of questions:

1. Mini Trees - where did you buy them? How many channels was one tree?

2. Leaping arches - how many channels is one leaping arch?

Thank you and here's your answers

Mini Trees - made from PVC pipe, 3 colors, 3 channels each

Arches - 7 channels

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

Your spiral trees look nicer/cleaner than mine. I'm guessing you tie each string in place...must be a serious pain to do but when it runs, its worth it. I'm only running 32 strings on each of mine, 16 spiraled CW and 16 CCW. It sort of looks like you are doing all strings in one direction? I've contemplated switching over to straight line pixels, then create the spiral effects in the software. It wouldn't be cheap though to accomplish but the advantage would be the ability to create any effect. Very nice show!!!

dgrant, the strings are tied every 4th string and only as high as I can reach from the ground. This year I did not tie the big tree at all, I wanted to see how it stood up to the wind and rain for the time it was up. There was no problem with it, looked as good when I took it down as when I put it up. The two smaller trees, one goes one way and one the other way, the large tree, red and blue one way and green and white the other way.

• Like 1

Earle,

VERY nice .. I really enjoyed the spiral trees. They are awesome...

Layout and sequencing is top shelf ...

Bob

Just to add to the comments already made.  I went, with my family, to see Earl's display.  I was very impressed not only with the great display and show but the neatness of all the cabling, both on the trees and the cords on the ground. I built my first spiral tree this year after seeing Earl's video's last year. It was a great success but I couldn't get my spirals as tight and neat as Earl.  Perhaps next year!

Tony

PS the coffee and cakes were also great.

It was a great honor to have Tony and his family for visit. To think that anyone would take the time to come from the UK to Orlando, then to Ocala just to see my Christmas Display is awsome to say the least.  I know the most important part of the US visit was in Orlando. I think both Tony and myself have become friends and hope to see each other again. Our door is always open for Tony and his family.

Earle

Hi Earle,

I love your spiral trees.  Did you have instructions to make them or is there a website with instructions.  I am hoping to add them to my display next year.  Your display was outstanding.

Thanks for sharing,

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing spiral tree. Any possible way u could send me the sequences of the spiral tree. Trying to grasp concept on sequencing mine. Any help with spiral sequencing tips would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to figure out all the little tricks to spiral effects. stumason126@gmail.com

Amazing spiral tree. Any possible way u could send me the sequences of the spiral tree. Trying to grasp concept on sequencing mine. Any help with spiral sequencing tips would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to figure out all the little tricks to spiral effects. stumason126@gmail.com

• The topic was locked