Light-O-Rama Forums

GE color effects

kissfan4

I don't think you can do that, because the lights need data sent to them specifically in its own format.

You can use a sandevices controller (like e682 or e6804) to control the lights, and send the sandevice e1.31 data over a regular Ethernet connection. This can work in conjunction with your LOR controllers.

Same here, I am running the GE Color Effects on the sandevices E6804 for roof pixels through E1.31 on Light O Rama and had zero problems this year.

CMurray

My reply didn't show up.

The holidaycoro pixel controller does NOT support GECE pixels, so, it will not work for what you are asking.

I did a lot of research before I went with SanDevices. They even sell it as a kit. Google GE Color Effects. Try calling Holiday Coro. Good luck in your research.

does anyone have any experience with this one from holidaycoro? quite a bit cheaper and it says it works with LOR S3

http://www.holidaycoro.com/DMX-to-SPI-Smart-Pixel-Decoder-Controller-p/611.htm

From the website: "GECE pixel support will not be provided in this unit"

There are other units out there that run off straight DMX.

The E6804 and E682 work very well with the E1.31 network, though.

From the website: "GECE pixel support will not be provided in this unit"

There are other units out there that run off straight DMX.

The E6804 and E682 work very well with the E1.31 network, though.

Thanks! i am a idiot for not seeing that, i will probably go with the sandevice kit.

kissfan4- just to confirm that the Holiday Coro controller will NOT work with the GECE's.  I was in correspondence with HC when they were bringing the controller into market.  I use both SanDevices E682 and the E6804 controllers with good success,  FYI- the DIY kits are easy to solder and can be assembled in an evening easily.

Good Luck.