Light-O-Rama Forums

My controller won't turn on

Sheldon_15

My controller was working for Halloween, I dissassembled everything and put it up. But now setting up for christmas it won't turn on! I wish I could give more information but I really just not know what's wrong. Any one have any ideas what it could be?

what version of bord ??  do you have a blinking status red light or green light or no light on at all ?

no status lights check power out let maybe a pop breaker or ground fault .

may be a bad fuse.

does the LOR Hardware see contoler ?

check cat 5 cable

just my thoughts

By not turning on Do you mean the controller it self or Hardware utility sees the controller, But it won't listen to any commands?

If you have a Meter while the unit is unplugged set it to ohms or continuity and check both sides of each fuse. If you get around 0 Ohms the fuse is good, but if you get OL or infinity it is a bad fuse.  

Not that I can think of, Before you unplug any of the hot's write the number on each connector to make it easier to reconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get to the fuse without unplugging a bunch of stuff from the board.

Is there an easier way to get to it? Or do I unplug them all

Can you use needle nose pliers? Just don't squeeze to hard.

Haven't figured it out yet. I wasn't able to get to the fuses right away.

But we had an ice storm come through putting set up off more than a week. And when the ice cicles melted off it brought the lights down with them :(

But I finished my "tune to" sign. I used a CNC shop bot at my school to make it. It came out rather well!!

But I will get the videos! Not sure when but it will get done!

• The topic was locked