Light-O-Rama Forums

between songs

kissfan4

ok so i used my controller this year for our christmas tree and i am wondering if there is a easy way to have the lights on between my sequenced songs? for example have the tree solid lit with one color until one of the songs start, then after that song have it another color till the next song. do i have to make a sequence for the solid on?

Yes, you will require a sequence {animation sequence} between songs if you just want to light the tree any specific color between songs. You would need a sequence for each color, example a green sequence for green lights only, a red sequence for only red lights on, etc.

It's the only to do it to my knowledge for what you're wanting to do between songs.

Plus you'll have to determine how long you want the animation sequence to be between songs, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 50 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc.

Edited by Orville

Hello

I have the a question about the animation seq .

If i loop the animation up to 30min , is it possible that the music seq which should start every half an hour , overrides an stop the animaton ?

and after the music seq the animation starts again ?

regards manfred

Many/most of us just have the songs loop one after another, so there is no "between the songs". I'm not clear why you wouldn't want songs playing all the time...

Hallo Tim

I am just a beginner and so i have only one opener with 1:30 and a Music seq with round about 3 min

so i have to play the one song the whole evening , and thats not fine

Thats the first , the second is , that here the neibourghs will not be happy if they are hearing the music the long time

Hello

I have the a question about the animation seq .

If i loop the animation up to 30min , is it possible that the music seq which should start every half an hour , overrides an stop the animaton ?

and after the music seq the animation starts again ?

regards manfred

I know it can be done what you're wanting to do, but I'm not exacly sure how to explain it. And depends on wether you using a PC, where animation loops can be utilized or an MP3 Director, which can not use loops. And I'm not exactly sure if you set your main musical sequence to run every half hour if the animation sequence will run exactly on the half hour mark every time, and that your main sequence may repeat for 30 minutes, then your 30 min animation sequence runs, ie main music seq starts at 5:30pm and will run until 6pm {30 mins.} and then your animation start at 7pm and run to 7:30pm, 7:30pm-8:00 your musical sequence would once again run for 30 minutes and then the whole process would continue to repeat until your end show time is reached.

I'm pretty sure that IS NOT what you are wanting to do, again, it may be able to be done, but I'm just not exactly sure how to go about it. Hopefully one of the more seasoned experts will see your request and hopefully be able to help you get this accomplished.

Best of Luck.

Edited by Orville

What i meaned was like this

until 4:30 pm everything is dark and off

4:30:00pm the opener music sequenc starts running 1:30 min

4:31:30pm the music Sequence starts , running 3min

4:34:30pm the music sequence ends and the animation seq should start looped up to 30 min

until 5:00:00 pm the animation seq should run

5:00:00pm the opener music sequenc should start , running for 1:30 min

5:01:30 pm the music Sequence starts , running 3min

5:04:30 pm the music sequence ends and the animation seq should start looped up to 30 min

until 5:30:00 pm the animation seq should run

and so on , and so on

That what i was thinking abbout

regards from Austria Manfred

I thought that is what you're wanting to do, but I don't think the scheduler will do that without it being programmed, example like said, if you started your show at 4:30pm and ran the opening sequence, which would only run at the start of the show and never again, then your 3 minute music file and select the every half hour option, I believe the SSB would play your 3 min sequence, then iit would stop at 4:34 the first time through {allowing for your 1 minute opener}, then your 30 minute sequence would run starting at 4:34, which 30 minutes later would be 5:03, at 5:03 your 3 minute sequence would run and then at 5:06 your 30 minute sequence would again run, which the next time your 3 minute musical sequence would run would be at 5:36. It would always work in this manner unless you set each sequence to run at a specific time and stop at a specific time. This would take a lot of work and time figuring out how long to run each set for to have the show start every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour mark.

Just don't believe there is an easy way to accomplish this. This is why most will play their sequences continually.

Again, if any of the seasoned veterans here know how to do this easier, they'll chime in eventually, but myself, I just can't see any easy way to accomplish this, not without doing a lot of figuring out all the time constraints to make it work in the setting you're attempting to do.

Edited by Orville

What about this...

Load both the startup and music sequence into the Startup section of your show. They'll play sequentially from there, once each. Then, in the Animation section, put the animation sequence that you want to loop for the remainder of the 30 minutes. Then, in the scheduler, set up a series of 30-minute shows, all using the same show file.

This should achieve what you're looking for, I think.