Light-O-Rama Forums

Building the CTB-16KD

Guest guest

I am going to be building the CTB-16KD some day.

I will be ordering a Board From LOR soon and I am trying to go through the Choices I have to chossse from at Light-o-Rama. I will most likley be geting the CTB-16KD.

I have looked all over the LOR Website for the answer to the below Question and I have had no luck finding it. So I will ask it here and then When I begin to build the kit I will post some Questions or things I ran into. (Hopefully None) But there is enevitably somthing I will get stuck on.

But here is my Question What is the diffrence between the CTB16KD and the CTB16KV6

Ricky

Richard III wrote:

But here is my Question What is the diffrence between the CTB16KD and the CTB16KV6

The CTB16K was the solder it together kit for previous generation of our 16 channel controller (green board) and is no longer available. The CTB16KV6 is the kit for current generation (blue board.) The CTB16D is the current generation (blue board) factory assembled circuit board. I don't think we every used the model designation "CTB16KD."

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Richard III wrote:

The CTB16K was the solder it together kit for previous generation of our 16 channel controller (green board) and is no longer available. The CTB16KV6 is the kit for current generation (blue board.) The CTB16D is the current generation (blue board) factory assembled circuit board. I don't think we every used the model designation "CTB16KD."

The "CTB16KD" is on this page of the LOR Website. http://store.lightorama.com/16chkitstwih1.html

So If I order the CTB16K I will get the board in the above link and it will have a blue board? Is This Correct?

Richard III wrote:

LightORamaJohn wrote:
Richard III wrote:

The "CTB16KD" is on this page of the LOR Website. http://store.lightorama.com/16chkitstwih1.html

So If I order the CTB16K I will get the board in the above link and it will have a blue board? Is This Correct?

I thought that the "D" meant that it was the delux version of the board. The kits were available in both delux and non-delux version. Could this be the answer?

TED

TED wrote:

Richard III wrote:
LightORamaJohn wrote:
Richard III wrote:

I thought that the "D" meant that it was the delux version of the board. The kits were available in both delux and non-delux version. Could this be the answer?

TED

The CTB16D board in kit form has a model number of CTB16KV6 (meaning the blue board revision 6.) The CTB16KD is an order number which is currently the CTB16KV6 with the deluxe add on options. These options give it (1) the ability to run a stand alone sequence (does not need to be directed by a PC of DC-MP3), (2) Unit address switches so you set the unit id with switches rather than software and a speed control for standalone sequences. The reason for the V6 at the end of the kit model number is because as we update the hardware, the kit build guide has to change. The store order number CTB16KD is whatever the latest version of the CTB16D is with the add on options listed above. Sorry about the confusion.

Ok I think that makes Sense, so the CTB16KV6 is really just an updated version of the CTB16K or CTB16KD (Deluxe). So if I were to order the CTB16KD I am really just ordering the CTB16KV6.

--- The CTB16K - Green Board - Not sold

--- The CTB16KD - Green Board - Not Sold (Delux Version of the CTB16KD)

--- The CTB16KV6 - Blue Board - Sold (Updated Version of the CTB16K)

(Can Be bought as the Delux or Standard Model)

(Ordered as the CTB16K or CTB16KD)

Is all of the above correct or am I tottaly lost.

Ricky

I have another Question

1. Can a LOR1602W (CTB16D) controll a Servo like the CTB-08 can.

2. What Pins would I use for this if it is Possible

3. Can Someone Please Tell me What all the Abbrivations Stand For and what each pin can be used to do.

InPut 1
Speed
Max4
+5v
PGD
AddR1
ADDR7
GND
LED
Max1
+9v
PGC