It's that time of year!
If this is your first Christmas season on the forums, please keep the following in mind.
❌Please do not consider installing a new version of software during the Christmas season.
If you are running S4, then stay with S4 until January.
If you are running S5. then stay with S5 until January.
❌If you are currently on S6, do NOT upgrade to a higher version during the season. (If there is a bug fix or new feature that you must have, then upgrade.)
❌Upgrading during the season, after your lights are running, oftentimes leads to more problems.
❌DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE ON YOUR CONTROLLER. Unless you've been asked to by support, don't do it.
Many of the members here have their own displays. Usually in the months of October and November they are working to finish the programming or setting up their own display. In December they are doing holiday things, and maybe watching their displays. Thus, you should know that responses will usually be slower in coming this time of year. You are not being ignored, but those members who have their own display are probably working on their display instead of being here in the forums.
Here are a few things that will help everyone.
- Use the correct forum. Putting a "how do I do this" type question in the 'My Christmas Display' isn't going to get many responses.
- Don't create multiple threads in multiple forums.
- Don't 'bump' threads just looking for an answer.
- Don't post, "can anyone help?" type messages mere hours after you make a post.
- What version of the software are you using?
- What is your license level?
- What hardware are you using?
- Are you using a Director or running the show from your computer.
- Did you turn it on? (Kidding. Let's have some fun, eh?)
Remember, the months of October, November and December are busy for everyone in the lighting world. Please keep this in mind during your time on the forums. If you have a question, go ahead and ask, but please try not to be upset if it takes longer than you might expect for a reply from someone.