Light-O-Rama Forums

A big thank you to all

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie
:P This is a big thank you to everyone who helped all the newbies this year with out your support we would not have had a show this year, to all the dumb questions that were answered that really were not dumb questions just inexperience on our part, you have no idea how much help you were to me and I am sure to everyone else, I can not tell you how excited I am about next Christmas as I am already planning next years display, I am going to try to build a cannon that will start every show with a bang if I get it up and working I will post it on here for everyone to look at, or am I to late has some one already done this? definatly going to need more controllers, 32 channels doesn't cut it any more totally hooked go big or go home thats what my Grand father used to say, rest his soul. once again Merry christmas and Happy New Year to everyone and thanks again for all your help.

The thing is Don you have the yard for "Go Big". Yes the cannon thing has been done, but not many folks use it compared to those who use mini tree, arches, and mega trees.

In all honesty I was thinking of the same thing (a cannon with a cannon ball hitting the ground and exploding" then the display lights up at full intensity and then fades just before a sequence starts.

When you head back to Christmaslights.ca view my video (long one) that is in the Canada West section of the forum under "Scott's display in Thorsby" and those two mini mega trees, 16 mini trees, and 5 arches take up 160 channels.

Note how compact my display is. I had to put the two mini mega trees on the front deck. From the deck to the side walk is only 22 feet.

I want to replace those two mini mega trees with something else......I have ideas but I will not release them until I get them all worked out and running. Then I will post them in the "how To Section" on the Canadian forum.

Could you do me a favour and post your 2009 picture and videos in the "Canada West" section of the Canadian forum.

Scott

Ditto!
A BIG thank you for all the help I received from this forum.
I lived here for months.
I am working on next years display now, I have to start all over because nothing I created this year will work next year :(

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Another BIG DITTO!

Thanks for everyone, from those brave enough to ask the 'stupid' question (for us NOOBS, NO question is too easy!) to those willing to have the patience to post the LONG explanations...

First year myself. Ordered controller kits starting the day after Thanksgiving. Had everything up and running 2 weeks before Christmas. Everyone is SO supportive here. Ended up with 4 songs. 2 from WOW, 2 hobbled together from public sequences and hours of programming. It really give you a greater respect for everyones synchronized displays! My daughter made a video for my facebook but we haven't done a youtube post yet. Heck, I'm so new, I don't even know how to do that cool LOR signature line.

1st thing you learn...you will never have enough channels. I STARTED with 48...and right off the bat realize I need another 48 minimum for next year!