Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I use Export Files with old LMS?

BryanLeggo

I have some sequences that were done for 1 house's set of lights and therefore use the channel configurations of THAT house. Now I want to keep that same song and sequence timings (and all those channels) but want to shift them to a new house's set of lights and THEIR configuration. I know how to export the config, create an LCC file and then import it into a brand new sequence but how do I use the new LCC config on the sequence with the old timings? If I could just add the new LLC channels at the bottom of the older sequence I could just do cut and paste from the upper rows.

Could someone walk me through the steps I need to do this? Keep the music and timings of an older sequence but then add all the new channels of a new LCC file.

(Hoping this doesn't involve the XML because the demo software doesn't use XML)

Its just as simple as you describe, but in reverse. If you apply the config it will apply it to the existing channels from channel 1 down. So you have 2 choices. One... get everything into place for the new config and apply it. Or two... add either the needed number of channels to the top of the sequence or a new track with the needed number of channels to the top of the sequence, then apply the config and cut and paste everything into their new home (deleting the obsolete channels when finished). Either way, the new channels will default to the original timing.
S