Light-O-Rama Forums

hey read this and let me know ur feedback

christmasfrenzy

one of my buddies just did a sequence for the new jayz and alicia keys song new york and it looks sick took him two days, but i just wanted ot know if anyone has attempted like a david guetta song or know anyoen who has the one im looking for is sexy bitch or i gotta feeling. let me know ur feedback on it and if anyone has attempted it or any other songs too.

christmasfrenzy wrote:

one of my buddies just did a sequence for the new jayz and alicia keys song new york and it looks sick took him two days, but i just wanted ot know if anyone has attempted like a david guetta song or know anyoen who has the one im looking for is sexy bitch or i gotta feeling. let me know ur feedback on it and if anyone has attempted it or any other songs too.
Are you serious?

Don't get me wrong... I'm all about using contemporary music. I run both rock and metal shows myself... but they're Christmas music. I could be wrong, but I doubt many are sequencing Black Eyed Peas for Christmas...
S

Sthunder69 wrote:

I run both rock and metal shows myself... but they're Christmas music. I could be wrong, but I doubt many are sequencing Black Eyed Peas for Christmas...

Maybe not, but there's at least a couple of us doing Pink Floyd... How about Jack Knife & the Sharps, or Al Hirt, or Connie Francis? Okay, maybe they're not quite as far out there as what Christmasfrenzy is thinking about, but my point is - in my case anyway - I'm doing a Christmas light show synchronized to music and not a Christmas music show synchronized to lights. I've got 49 songs in the rotation, with about half being Christmas/seasonal music. I've made absolutely no effort to satisfy everyone and if someone is offended by hearing Pink Floyd in front of my house in December instead of being mesmerized by my sequencing prowess, then they shouldn't be sitting in front of my house. To each his own...

Christmasfrenzy - try using some punctuation and some basic sentence structure would you... You're not texting your homeboys here. Most of us are reasonably educated/intelligent and if that's the best you can do you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who'll take you seriously around here.

George Simmons wrote:

Maybe not, but there's at least a couple of us doing Pink Floyd...
Ok... I'll bite... What Floyd songs? I hate to admit it, but I could see Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety at 10pm... complete with Mr. Screen footage from the Pulse DVD...
S

I've done a live version of Time from Delicate Sound of Thunder which plays two or three times nightly and Brain Damage / Eclipse from Pulse (the CD - not the DVD) which is my shutdown sequence. (I was working on Learning to Fly but didn't get it done in time for this year.) My lady Sharon - no fan of PF - predicted people would leave in droves during those songs and so far, it hasn't happened. Quite the contrary, actually.

Sthunder69 wrote

I could be wrong, but I doubt many are sequencing Black Eyed Peas for Christmas...

Hmmm...wouldn't mind "sequencing" Fergies "Hump"... lol