Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Sequncing Question

David Barnett

Howdy folks, hope everyone had a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving.

OK, I'm working on my Mannhiem "Stille Nacht" (Silent Night) Edits.

I added a Mega tree this year. I have a vision on how I want the tree to look; just can't seem to get a good handle on theings. Close...but not quite there.

Ok, if your familiar with the song, there's a part were you have a sweeping crescendo; then a beautiful violin part enters.

It is on the part were I want to do this with the tree.

With that violin, I want to turn on the tree(no problem there) and then have each channel(light) spin around the tree. But, my difficulty is in making it look smooth...or put another way...elegant...not choppy.

Imagine a figure skater slowly doing that circle thingy they do. That is what I'm trying to acheive.

I've looked at several examples, on mega tree sequencing. I get the general idea of the sweep. I just want it to smoothly rotate around the tree on my changes.

Any help, ideas appreciated.

Best,

David

Depending on how fast you want the light to travel, you can either fade each channel one by one or overlap each channel. Fading may require 2/10 or 3/10 of a second on each channel to obtain the smoothness you're looking for, but it a very nice effect.

Hope that helps.

K