Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Guest guest

Any idea what the system requirements are for a machine just to run the shows? I have an old machine with Windows ME that I was thinking of just uploading the files to and using it for LOR only to control the lights.

Thanks,

John

John Garrant wrote:

Any idea what the system requirements are for a machine just to run the shows? I have an old machine with Windows ME that I was thinking of just uploading the files to and using it for LOR only to control the lights.
It doesn't take much of a machine to run a show. If you have musical sequences and the Windows Media Player works OK on the machine then you should be OK. 250Mhz should be OK.

LightORama wrote:

It doesn't take much of a machine to run a show. If you have musical sequences and the Windows Media Player works OK on the machine then you should be OK. 250Mhz should be OK.

For what it's worth, I run my show on a 200Mhz or so, old P2 chip. (At least I think that's what it is.) 80 channels of LOR, and everything runs smooth. Only uses about 11% CPU when the show is active.

LightORama wrote:

John Garrant wrote:

Dan, The small system I have has a hard time with the sequence editor - the visual doesn't keep up with the audio - but the audio plays fine. Will this do anything to the actual show?

On my laptop last night I had to edit timing a bit in the beginning of the sequences to make the beats hit correctly because of switching form one machine to another. Hopefully I can try and edit these enough to make this machine work.

Thanks,

John

The show player does not have any of the GUI over head like the Sequence Editor so you sould be fine.

I am supprised that you had to make any adjustment to move from machine to machine. Not sure why? Do you have the same version of Windows Media Player on the two machines?

Yep, and I can't figure out why either., and I made sure the mp3's were not variable bit rates. It seems that the songs are either a 10th of a second faster or slower depending on the song. Maybe i'm just missing something else.

Thanks again.

John