Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual Show

Paul Noel

I'm a newbie, and producing a sequence to be shown in duplicate. That is in two separate locations at the same time. Rather than write the entire sequence for 64 channels, can I just do it for 32 and give duplicate addresses to the controllers?

Currently, that appears to work fine, as long as:

1. You are not doing any interactive elements.
  2. You understand that you will not be able to use the hardware utility to confirm which controllers are live, as two controllers replying to the same request will talk at the same time, and there is no telling what the combined data will look like. I located two PC series on the same ID because the hardware utility was claiming I had a CTB08D, with an unknown firmware release...
  3. No new features come out that routinely interact with the controllers, instead of just blindly sending the commands

Personally, I tend to prefer to write everything once, and copy it to a second set of ID's..

-klb- wrote:

.... I tend to prefer to write everything once, and copy it to a second set of ID's.

This is how I would recommend to do it as well. Just sequence everything, then add 32 more channels with the new ID and copy what you just sequenced to the new channels.

Yes, the channel copy should take you less than 20 seconds to do, and who says that LOR will support duplicated box ID's in the future?

I run four networks, and don't even duplicate box ID's across networks. That way if I want to move a box from one network to another, it's still easy to use the hardware utility to tell what's going on.