Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you put your halloween decorations out?

toddmoon

I am making progress on my Halloween setup. I do not have the lights turned on but I am getting my displays out. This is a photo of the face setup I am working on.

Attached files 181219=10308-DSCF1173.JPG

After the last two days of sun-up to sun-down labor, we ran a test tonight and everything looked good except for a few minor glitches.

Tomorrow night we go live for the month!
(Except for the special props and foggers that only go out for our party on the 24th and on Halloween night.)

As we were finishing up, a family of four wandered down the street to watch us work. There's my clue that the neighbors don't mind us setting up this early.

I just started putting up light and finalizing my layout today, hope to have it going for about an hour a night in a week and the week up to halloween have it running 3 hours a night, being my first year with animation i hope to work out all the bugs with halloween so christmas will run smoothly.

toddmoon wrote:

I am curious about when do most folks put there Halloween decorations out.

Do you only run your light show on Halloween night or if you run your light show longer when do you start and when do you end the show?

September! :shock: The show runs the first weekend of October thru Nov 1. Setup is the second to last week of September (19,000 lights, 300+ channels), and the final week is for testing.

Nov 2 everything comes down and christmas goes up. Christmas starts the first Sunday after Thanksgiving.

We are 90% done. Last night ran the lights on animation. Will spend the next day or 2 updating sequences and I found a channel stuck on, so I will have to address that.

We've been running since Sunday night. About 90% of the high wind storms blow against the back of the house. So the house blocks the wind for most of the decorations out front.

However, finding our trash cans was a bit of a challenge tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Well at 9 PM last night last I pulled everything down and put it up for safe keeping. The yard seems so boring now. I need to hurry up and get my Christmas displays out and going now.

It was sure funny what was really a hit with the kids. I had two inflatables out one of them being a pirate coming up out of a chest. The adults and kids could not get enough of him. The other prop that was a hit was a broom that is sound activated and chases you around when you pass by it.

Here are some photos of the setup.

Attached files 184655=10480-DSCF1094.JPG