Light-O-Rama Forums

How Many Sequences

captainron19

If I get finished updating the songs from last year's channel count, I'll have 53 - not including voice-overs. I run two or three different shows nightly - early shows are more oriented to holiday music, later shows more oriented to rock - with 15 or so songs in each show.

Sorry not meant as a hijack. But this will be my first year also. I know from reading different post here, that some will cut down a song so it is shorter than the original. So, if I may, let me pose this a different way. How long would most of you make your show before recycling to the begining? Or starting a different show.

Thanks

Evan,

Traffic was manageable last year so that wasn't a problem. I wanted to give people enough to see that they couldn't help but see something they ;liked so they told people. But I've got shorter playlists as a plan B when it gets too clogged up.

Max, Nice hijack.

think about kids attention time frame. also think about traffic. how long do you want someone hold prime realestate in watching a show. Once the show repeats to the beging or the song they came in on. they will leave. in your announcement you put in tomorrow will be another set of songs. that way they will come back and more people can enjoy the show.

maybe make a special show for one night only, like christmas eve. I did that with a solider silent night. I had 3 shows. an intro, the solider and tso. i couldnt tell you how many cars i had. the show was to end at 11. I had to keep it on till 1

very bad camera, but here's what the show looked like
http://vimeo.com/2549528

That's a powerful piece, Evan. Any chance I could get a copy of the "night before" portion of the soundtrack or a link to it?

Ok, back to the original thread. This is my first year, so who knows, I might change it after things get rolling. But, I've got 16 songs ready and ten more in the works. I'm not sure if those are going to get finished or not.