Light-O-Rama Forums

How can a media file dissappear once saved?

LENNY RUEL

Hey gang: Something different here. Last night I went in to my finished sequences file to start logging and or adjusting song length. When I got to Josh Grobans Believe off the Polar Express sound track I got the pop up the media file wasn't there. So far the other songs I've double checked are fine. How does a completed sequence that you work on for a few nights and save to the finished sequences file when you are done all of a sudden loose the audio track? It was mid June when I did this sequence. The majority of the songs I didn't have the music for I got off beemp3 or airmp3, and I remember having trouble finding this one. Could the download I found have a time limitation code in it that clears it after a period of time passes? Never heard of it if so.... Thanks for the help. Now I just need to find another download.

Lenny

Chuck:

Haven't moved a thing. Been programming almost every night and saving accordingly. As I said ALL of the other audio files are there. I started to log total time on all 25 songs I have seq and saved in my finished folder so I know how long the total time of the show is. I also am trimming the dead time from the end of the ones that have it. Every night I worked on Believe it pulled up, but now 2 and a half months later it has no audio associted with it. The sequence is still there and everything looks the same in the files as the other ones.

Lenny

I have had this problem many times and I find the file in another place. I have to do a search, locate the mp3 file and direct the seqenceto that location. Iam not sure How that happens.

ALL of MY files ARE in the audio file under Lightorama. The Believe audio is gone and a search turned up nothing of the file I used. I got a download from another member so I'm back in business for this song. But he agreed there may have been a limit time wise. I've had other people that do downloads of music tell me that they may let you download it for free but not allow you to keep it. Kind of borrow it for awhile and then it clears out. I guess some are up front and others let you find out in time on your own.

Lenny