Light-O-Rama Forums

Video's with DMX

ken collins

I was hope'n to see how everyone using DMX utilized them. Am thinking of taking the plunge, and wanted to see some scanners or spotlights in some video's this year. I've seen some of the color washes in some of the video's, but none of the moving heads. Anybody have any video's of there stuff to show off??

I have to get a better video camera for next season and make it much more of a priority to get good video of the display.

I have four Elation Focus Spot 250 Pro moving heads, 2 300mw green dmx lasers and a 1.5W RGB dmx laser as well as four ADJ P64 LED Pro wash lights and four Chauvet DMX Abyss wash effect lights. For atmosphere I have two Antari Z1200 dmx foggers... could use a couple more foggers.

Here are the moving heads and lasers on the truss above the garage doors:
truss2.jpg

And here's a video showing the moving heads:

ken collins wrote:

I was hope'n to see how everyone using DMX utilized them. Am thinking of taking the plunge, and wanted to see some scanners or spotlights in some video's this year. I've seen some of the color washes in some of the video's, but none of the moving heads. Anybody have any video's of there stuff to show off??

Ken,

Here is mine. In it you will see 4 moving yokes fixtures, snow, fog, a decending angel with a Bluepoint Engineering motor supply, a color washes on the house. Also, all of the eve and roof lights are LED tube lights and the video grid is comprised of 60 LED tubes with the text, images and videos mapped to it via a DMX controller Martin Maxedia media server.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum82/18587.html

Charles Belcher

Charles, I just watched the mini sample video this morning. What a great display, can't wait to watch the full length video. Thanks for sharing.

Ken