Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm frustrated and stumped

David Barnett

Merry Christmas everyone.

OK, I d/l a sequnce on l;orsequences by jewel,O Holy night. It was over 200 channels.

I also d/l the MP3 from Amazon of the song. I used Audacity on the song as I did al others that play fine.

I then managed to work that huge sequence down to my 20 channel setup.

It looks great in the editor and Holiday lights designer. I load it up on the SD card for the MP3 director. It's the 3rd song in my show set. Everytime, It is supposed to play, I hear a click sound and then it plays the next song in sequence.

I've tried everything I could think of. I followed that post re how to use that particular d/l sequence timing stuff then copy paste sections. It's mainly .05 time, but some sections have 2-3 divides of that time as well.

I have also tried jsut creating a .05 new musical sequence, then copy and pasting from the other sequnce. When p[laying it, it's approx. 4.05 seconds too fast. So I tried to skew left....it is even worse.

I just wanted that song to play, I was pretty pleased for my first time to be able to create something that worked well, for my home. Any ideas appreciated.

I'm going to need step by step. Can't change anything tonight. If I pull out the chip, it won't restart with the times. Will try agian tommorrow, if anyne has ideas.

PS I know my spelling sucks,typing with some Holiday Spirits if you know what I mean.

Best,

David

I had problems with some songs not playing. I reloaded into audacity exported again with 128 bit rate. They work fine now.

Your other songs could have worked fine because they were already at 128. You need to set this on audacity for exporting if you haven't already done so.

good luck!

David Barnett wrote:

Hi chewinggum. Well, already did the Audacity thing..no good.

Thanks anyway.

Best,

David
I don't mean to question your computer skills because mine suck, but I had the same problem. My son went into Audacity and changed the song to mp3 and exported it, I imported the new file and the sequence finally played. Good luck.

Daren

David, it definitely sounds like a sound file issue. The sequence editor will play a variety of audio files. The MP3 director only 1.

What settings are you using in audacity to scrub your audio file (edit, preferences, file formats, 128 for MP3)? When you export, give it a unique name. In the sequence editor, re-associate the sequence with the new audio file.

Download and give it a try.

After seeing the other thread, definitely check your SD card format. Then open the SD card and see if you can play the audio file.

Check to see if the audio file is downloading to the disk. Using the device you connect the card to the computer, open it and see if the audio file is on the disk. Open the file on the disk and listen to it. If it plays normally, then it is one less thing to have to troubleshoot.