Light-O-Rama Forums

Show was a big hit !!!!

beeiilll

Well all I can say is I haven't felt this good for a long time.

I put on a special show for a sick little girl last night and it was amazing. I spent over 3 days up working on the items for it and sequencing things together for a show just for her.

I want to extend my deepest Thanks to David Peterson and Tom Brunner for sending me some sequences to use for my display. Without their help I would not have been able to pull this off. Even though the songs were pretty much "cut and paste" to work into my display, it came out good enough that I was pretty much in awe at things as much as everyone else and I had not had enough time to see everything before I ran the show for her.

The light and awe in the eyes of a child is something that gives you a feeling that words cannot describe. And to have her tell me that "this is the best Christmas ever" really brought tears to my eyes and most other folks as well. Seeing her name on the scrolling message board really got her going as well.

We had pouring rain and wind last night, but luckly no GFI trips or problems with anything. The winds have kicked up to 60 MPH gusts overnight and I see that one of my inflatables is lying down so will have to fix them today. Still everybody really enjoyed things and it was the best time I have had in more years than I can remember.

I was really apprehensive about the show and was never sure that I could get it working in time much less have it turn out as well as it did. And then to have mid 40's temps and rain almost put me over the edge yesterday getting it all set up, but certainly was more than worth the trouble.

Today I will spend the day with some friends eating, watching some movies, and just relaxing. But probably with the biggest "s__ eating grin" that they will ever see !!

This all has put the spirit back into my life at a time when I wanted to just give up on life and everything, but now I have something that gives meaning to it again. I am going to be on such a high for who knows how long, but it is a great feeling.

A Very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

Bill Ellick

Bill,

Great to hear that your special show went so well. I believe that it was devine intervention that kept your GFIs from tripping. You did the special show for no other reason than to put a smile on a child's face and to make what could possibly be her last Christmas special. Thank you for showing some of the rest of us how to be unselfish and help us to remember the reason we do what we do.

Chuck

Well done Bill! Did you happen to get any pictures of the little girl watching your display? That would be awesome to see. The smiles on children's faces make it all the more worthwile. Especially this little girl.

Mira Moore

• The topic was locked