Light-O-Rama Forums

Grasping S5

dibblejr

As some of you know Ive had my growing pains transitioning from S4 to S5 and thanks to all who have taken time out to help me get passed some of them.

There are a couple things that are still very difficult for me to wrap my mind around.

One of them  being those new "match boxes" however after reading Matts reply to waytofastfor yesterday I may have been able to get that one, at least for now. As long as I have nothing on the left side I am good and  yesterday I had about 50 props on the left before reading that but still was able to see and copy the sequence so no harm there, i guess.

The other is the fact that in S4 the LCC when imported always has props, controllers and channel assignments just as it was exported. In the exact order and all sorted out.

However in S5 when I export the newest Grid View and import the grid view all props are out of order even after painstakingly naming every channel assigned and or placing props in the order I wish them to be in. ME rows that are in the grid view are no longer there and I have to spend more time re creating them.

So far the only suggestion that has worked to not have to do double or more work when creating a new sequence is a dummy sequence with sequence written to the entire sequence. One to ensure props dont get archived and secondly to keep the props in order and tidy.

Am I missing a step some place? Or is this the new norm? 

*** Alibi on one more - I seem to have forgotten even though I just did this last week. How to view my preview list in the upper right hand corner. I want to delete some that I do not need as I create a new one. I was trying to consolidate my 4th, Halloween and Christmas but cannot fit everything on one preview without over lapping or making them simple dots so I have to create at least 2, one for Christmas and the one I am working on for Halloween. Matt and I discussed this on the phone last week and I thought at least for me it would be easy but my singing faces just take up to much space.

Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated as always.

I have you tubed and googled S5 for Dummies but get nothing. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr

24 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

However in S5 when I export the newest Grid View and import the grid view all props are out of order even after painstakingly naming every channel assigned and or placing props in the order I wish them to be in. ME rows that are in the grid view are no longer there and I have to spend more time re creating them.

If this is happening on the "Show All Items" grid view, then this would be understandable, as it is not included when you export the grid configuration. However, if it is happening on grid views that you created, then that is a bug. Please share a sequence and the export file with me and I will make sure it gets fixed. Best to do that via a help desk ticket. Please include a link to this topic when creating the ticket. Thanks,

Matt

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

If this is happening on the "Show All Items" grid view, then this would be understandable, as it is not included when you export the grid configuration. However, if it is happening on grid views that you created, then that is a bug. Please share a sequence and the export file with me and I will make sure it gets fixed. Best to do that via a help desk ticket. Please include a link to this topic when creating the ticket. Thanks,

Matt

Thank you, I will send via ticket. I have not updated to the current version. I will do that first.

Do you need the exported grid view and a new sequence or the sequence from which exported.

Thank you

JR

Just now, MattBrown said:

The original sequence and the export file (LORCHAN). Thanks,

Matt

I am going to make a video, there seems to be another problem. The grid view I exported yesterday and just now. They exported and I tried to import the first one from yesterday in to a test sequence. The grid view appeared in the drop down and I selected it. The name is in the box however there are no props.

I exported it with the JRs Test Sequence Grid View open and not the show all items. 

On the second attempt I just exported my newest grid view, when I attempt to import it, it does not show up in the grid view at all. The one I created yesterday has a little over 800kb in the file and the one I just created has about 2500kb. I only added floods between yesterday and todays. Seems like a large difference between the two.

Thank you and I will send them in as soon as I create the video.

JR

On 9/8/2020 at 11:06 AM, MattBrown said:

The original sequence and the export file (LORCHAN). Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

I did not forget this. Just got overwhelmed and Phil helped me through some issues and then I needed to re read this so I can replicate.

Going to open the S5 computer in a little and see if it does the same thing with my grid preview since I have upgraded to the latest version.

Thank you

JR