Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP getting g4 working with dumb controller

ThePumpkinKing

This is my first year with any lor type anything so I'm new to everything lighting wise. My setup is a g4 mp3 controller to pixcon16 to 2 dumb rgb controllers to a 16 channel a/c controller. I have a sequence made for 5 channels in the pixcon16 and for all channels in the 2 dumb  controllers, when i write the sequence to a SD card and put it in the g4 the only lights that work with it are the pixcon16 channels, the dumb controller lights up like it has no signal. Please help i have no idea what I am doing lol. Oh and the dumb controllers are holidaycoro controllers dont know if that matters or not.

Keep in mind that when you add the Pixcon16 and assign unit ID 1 to it it will use 16 unit ID's. Here is a sample ID setting:

Pixcon16 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10

Dumb Controller - 11

Dumb Controller - 12

CTB16PC - 13

17 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

aren't the HC controllers only DMX?  I don't think you can have 2 protocols on the same port.

Good catch, The HC dumb controllers won't work on a LOR network. I was thinking CMB24D.

Edited by Mr. P

Ok thanks for everyone's help, I got it working kinda i have the first controller working perfectly and the 2nd colors are off im thinking the dip switches are wrong. The pixcon16 is not connected to the dumb rgb controllers their cable comes from network 2 plug coming out of the g4 and the first plug is for the pixcon and i have it setup in the lor hub to have 1st and 4th network to run lor and 2nd and 3rd to run dmx. Now any help on setting the correct dip switches on the 2 controllers? My first one that is working has the 1st on and the rest off and my 2nd has 1 through 5 on.

Only LOR controllers work on LOR directors. You would have to connect the HC dumb controllers to E1.31 which the directors don't provide.

You could possibly run them DMX with the LOR iDMX=1000

Edited by Mr. P

Also this is how i got my dumb rgb controllers working, i had to make a special cable from https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=46