Light-O-Rama Forums

1 second timing lines

wicket82

I have been using S5 since last year. I upgraded to the newest 5.5.0 version. I notice there are white timing marks every second. All the other ones are black. Is there a way to make the second timing marks black? The white stands out to much to me and that is all I see when I look at the sequencer. I know it’s a small detail but I notice small details and this just looks weird to me and makes it harder for me to focus on the actual sequencing. I know some people will like it but for me personally, I don’t like it at all and makes it harder to use. So just wondering if there is a way to make black like all the others. Thanks

I would go just the opposite - I love them.  so much easier to find timings.

But to each his own...

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I would go just the opposite - I love them.  so much easier to find timings.

But to each his own...

Yeah to me it’s harder to see since that is the first thing I see when I look at the sequence. It’s not as bad on the pixel stuff with the black background. But most of what I do is AC for now and it’s annoying and harder for me to focus on what I’m sequencing since it stands out so much. And I know some people (yourself included) will like it. I would like an option to turn that off. 

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Could be part of the difference.  I'm 100% RGB.

Also I just tried to see what would happen if you went bigger than 1 second timings. Like 1.5 seconds. Not sure why you woood ever want to do that but when I did, the 1 second marks were still there. So there needs to be a way to turn that feature off. And yeah on the AC side, the background is grey and timing marks are black. Then you throw in a white, 1 second mark and it makes it hard to see. Especially when you have white in the sequence. 

082C0A57-F8A6-4DF8-B087-7B324ED37AF1.jpeg

Edited by wicket82

This will be an option at the bottom of the TIming Grid menu in the next release. This new option affects all open sequences, and its state is remembered from the last time the Sequencer was run.

So if you like the highlight you don't need to do anything. If you don't like it, just turn it off once and you are done.

Matt

image.png

1 minute ago, MattBrown said:

This will be an option at the bottom of the TIming Grid menu in the next release. This new option affects all open sequences, and its state is remembered from the last time the Sequencer was run.

So if you like the highlight you don't need to do anything. If you don't like it, just turn it off once and you are done.

Matt

image.png

Thank you. That will be so much better. 

• Thanks 1