Light-O-Rama Forums

5.5.0 Bug - "Shimmer Effects" at 1/2 and 3/4 speed

Aubrey

I posted about this in a different thread last night titled "New Version 5.5" but I just want to make sure this is its own focused topic since the other thread has gone multiple directions. Error report is that when a sequence gets played at 1/2 or 3/4 speed, all effects appear as shimmer effects even though the actual effect commands in the Sequencer remain unchanged. Normal and 2x speed are fine. Dropping back down to 5.4.2 temporarily since I sequence almost exclusively in 1/2 speed - looking forward to getting to use all of the new 5.5.0 features soon!

• Thanks 1

Aubrey,

Thanks for the report. We are able to reproduce it and plan to have a release out next week that fixes it (along with a few other bugs we know about).

Matt

I just updated to the 5.5.0 version and i do see all of the new changes as well as the strobing at 1/2 and 3/4 speed playback. I'm also having an issue with the grid view of the sequencer. it changes color as i scroll through a sequence and will change colors as i'm programming. very annoying. sometimes one color for all grids and sometimes multiple colors across the board. Is this a fix or is it me?

Annotation 2020-08-27 124401.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

Aubrey,

Thanks for the report. We are able to reproduce it and plan to have a release out next week that fixes it (along with a few other bugs we know about).

Matt

Normally I would start my own thread but it may get overlooked.

Matt or amyone

I just upgraded to 5.5 and I got a box "Map Updated Preview" when I tried to open up my covid graduation sequence to see how the export to S4 was going to work.

It asigned my singing tree to the prop now, how do I get in back? Revert did not work.

This did not happen until this update.

Thank you

JR

1 hour ago, Jim Budensiek said:

I just updated to the 5.5.0 version and i do see all of the new changes as well as the strobing at 1/2 and 3/4 speed playback. I'm also having an issue with the grid view of the sequencer. it changes color as i scroll through a sequence and will change colors as i'm programming. very annoying. sometimes one color for all grids and sometimes multiple colors across the board. Is this a fix or is it me?

Annotation 2020-08-27 124401.png

PM sent. If any one else is seeing this problem, please let me know.

Matt

4 hours ago, MattBrown said:

PM sent. If any one else is seeing this problem, please let me know.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Same issue with me. 

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

I upgraded to the 5.5 and am having a hard time importing S4 sequences. I have an updated preview file for S5 but it wont show that preview. Tried to upgrade and play the sequence and it's having issues with the preview and then shuts down. Dialog box asked if I wanted to report it to LOR so I clicked 'yes."  Must be another bug?

21 minutes ago, Eric walls said:

I upgraded to the 5.5 and am having a hard time importing S4 sequences. I have an updated preview file for S5 but it wont show that preview. Tried to upgrade and play the sequence and it's having issues with the preview and then shuts down. Dialog box asked if I wanted to report it to LOR so I clicked 'yes."  Must be another bug?

Sorry. This is a known bug. it will be fixed in the next release (likely next week). If you need to upgrade sequences this week, you will need to go back to version 5.4.2. 

Matt

I figured there was a bug and someone knew about it so I just clicked the error report. I didn't want to create a trouble ticket and overwhelm anyone with repeated reports.  I can wait till next week. You guys are always great at figuring this stuff out.

17 hours ago, bbass101 said:

Hi Matt,

Same issue with me. 

Capture.PNG

A fix for this issue will be part of the next release.