Light-O-Rama Forums

Real water effects in LOR display?

rgardner518

Has anyone done anything like this with LOR? I dont know if its possible here. Im at the beginning stages of designing the water box. But dont want to get too ahead of myself.

Could you?  Likely yes.  That would take a lot of work and cost a small fortune I suspect.

A more affordable option may be something like this, I just stumbled across it while searching for something else. Of course you wont need a pool for this or maybe a pool with a ripple affect in who knows. I imagine there are different pumps that have diff pressures and valves to get those effects to work.

https://www.amazon.com/American-H2O-Water-Effect-Light/dp/B002YKXIZS/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_bmx_0_3/139-1724488-1683147?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002YKXIZS&pd_rd_r=ddad747c-e270-40e8-aeb5-8261d0413a9c&pd_rd_w=67L4Z&pd_rd_wg=sotfX&pf_rd_p=4b9f32ee-4d01-4a5a-90b8-214855f08c8e&pf_rd_r=J9KF0HBGB77W0FT9TVSF&psc=1&refRID=J9KF0HBGB77W0FT9TVSF

Or from the Youtube video you submitted, comment section

"music dancing fountain sample in our showroom ,if you want to learn more details about fountain ,please contact me by email amy@tyfountain.com or whatsapp +86 137 6495 8489/skype you_si_jia"

JR

23 hours ago, rgardner518 said:

I'm more wondering if its possible...more then anything.

I'd say so using probably DMX, E1.31 protocols and some servo's and a LOR Servo-Dog.  But would still cost a small fortune for the amount of fountain and spray types you'd need to accomplish it.   Maybe a few water pumps, a few spotlights under them and some type of servo to control the water flow on each would be about the lest expensive way go.   Not sure how it'd all interconnect, nor am I sure that there wouldn't be a lot more hardware or other componenets to accomplish this feat.

Probably why no one has ever done it, least not in a hobby display like ours that I've ever seen.

Oh, it has been done. This thread from 2010 

This one from 2013 has some more info and some links, if they still work.

And then there's my favorite, the accidental water show.

that is really cool//// i believe i would have had the room completely dark with a rgb light inside each water spout....... this reminds me of those spotlights that some people put in top of their houses.

• The topic was locked