Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Weatherproof Enclosure for N4-G3 MP3 Director?

Orville

Okay, I tried looking at the LOR website, but came up empty.  Does LOR sell a weatherproof enclosure that the N4-G3 MP3 Director will fit inside of?   My original DC-MP3 Director was much smaller than the N4, so the box I used for my original Director just doesn't work for the N4.

If LOR does sell one, could someone please point me in the direction of where it is?

If LOR doesn't, is there one you would recommend?    I also have an Mobile Black Box Eclipse 4000 FM Transmitter that if the enclosure is large enough that I could possibly put both the N4 Director and Transmitter inside the same weatherproof enclosure.

So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated along with website url as to where I can view it/them.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I would prefer, if possible to mount the N4 Director HORIZONTALLY in the enclosure so that the Network jacks are all facing downward toward the exit ports on the enclosure, as that would make it easier to deal with the Cat5 cabling that would be connected to the N4 for running my show.

Edited by Orville
add other info

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Okay, I tried looking at the LOR website, but came up empty.  Does LOR sell a weatherproof enclosure that the N4-G3 MP3 Director will fit inside of?   My original DC-MP3 Director was much smaller than the N4, so the box I used for my original Director just doesn't work for the N4.

If LOR does sell one, could someone please point me in the direction of where it is?

If LOR doesn't, is there one you would recommend?    I also have an Mobile Black Box Eclipse 4000 FM Transmitter that if the enclosure is large enough that I could possibly put both the N4 Director and Transmitter inside the same weatherproof enclosure.

So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated along with website url as to where I can view it/them.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I would prefer, if possible to mount the N4 Director HORIZONTALLY in the enclosure so that the Network jacks are all facing downward toward the exit ports on the enclosure, as that would make it easier to deal with the Cat5 cabling that would be connected to the N4 for running my show.

Can you measure the size (rough) leave some space around it. I can measure what I have. If it wont fit in an LOR box I have some or can give you a link. Recently someone sent me a pixie16 that someone else worked on for them but didn't complete the build. To my surprise I fit one of my 12v psu, pixie16 and all cables inside the standard LOR box. I believe that's the only one LOR sells.

Let me know my friend.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 6/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, dibblejr said:

Can you measure the size (rough) leave some space around it. I can measure what I have. If it wont fit in an LOR box I have some or can give you a link. Recently someone sent me a pixie16 that someone else worked on for them but didn't complete the build. To my surprise I fit one of my 12v psu, pixie16 and all cables inside the standard LOR box. I believe that's the only one LOR sells.

Let me know my friend.

JR

I don't know which box LOR sells, I couldn't find one.   But I do know it would fit in the standard CTB16PC style box, but is a bit of a tight fit.  The N4 is aprox 9 inches long, horizontally measured {maybe a tick or two longer on the measuring tape}, depending on the cat5 connector, SD Card, the installed header connector and Audio output cable the top to bottom length can be from 5-6 inches, but I'd go with the 6 inches  The 6 inches is from the installed header on the top to the cat5 cable connected at the bottom.  Depth from the back to the front where the display and buttons are is about 1-1/2", maybe slightly higher, but not very much.

Hope that helps.

I have a box for the transmitter, just got to do a little modification to it for the antenna to peek out from the top.   I was thinking of putting both in the same box, but not sure I want to have a power cord running that close to the cat5 cables going from the N4 Director to the Controllers.   As the N4 Director will be powered by the first CTB16PC Controller.  So no real power supplies or cords in the N4 Director box.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I don't know which box LOR sells, I couldn't find one.   But I do know it would fit in the standard CTB16PC style box, but is a bit of a tight fit.  The N4 is aprox 9 inches long, horizontally measured {maybe a tick or two longer on the measuring tape}, depending on the cat5 connector, SD Card, the installed header connector and Audio output cable the top to bottom length can be from 5-6 inches, but I'd go with the 6 inches  The 6 inches is from the installed header on the top to the cat5 cable connected at the bottom.  Depth from the back to the front where the display and buttons are is about 1-1/2", maybe slightly higher, but not very much.

Hope that helps.

I have a box for the transmitter, just got to do a little modification to it for the antenna to peek out from the top.   I was thinking of putting both in the same box, but not sure I want to have a power cord running that close to the cat5 cables going from the N4 Director to the Controllers.   As the N4 Director will be powered by the first CTB16PC Controller.  So no real power supplies or cords in the N4 Director box.

Gonna send you a pm

Light O Rama Enclosure

http://store.lightorama.com/enforpcco.html

Edited by dibblejr

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the N2-G4-MP3 Director can replace the G3 version housed inside the Pro Series LOR1602-Wg3-MP3 setup? Looking to swap out G3 with G4.

I was told the N4-G4-MP3 Director is too big because of the extra 2 ports, but not sure about the N2-G4 version.

Ok, thanks!

Do you know if there is a way to use the G4 as the main director in combination with the LOR1602Wg3 unit with the G3? Or will that cause a conflict problem with 2 directors in the loop?

On 8/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, cam308 said:

Does anyone know if the N2-G4-MP3 Director can replace the G3 version housed inside the Pro Series LOR1602-Wg3-MP3 setup? Looking to swap out G3 with G4.

I was told the N4-G4-MP3 Director is too big because of the extra 2 ports, but not sure about the N2-G4 version.

Won’t fit in the enclosure. I believe my friend Orville can verify what you are asking.

Orville - tagged

JR

8 hours ago, cam308 said:

Ok, thanks!

Do you know if there is a way to use the G4 as the main director in combination with the LOR1602Wg3 unit with the G3? Or will that cause a conflict problem with 2 directors in the loop?

Can't you just remove the old one (or disconnect it)? If it is the same board, there must be  a docked connection or short jumper to the main controller.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:57 PM, dibblejr said:

Won’t fit in the enclosure. I believe my friend Orville can verify what you are asking.

Orville - tagged

JR

You are correct J.R.  The new N4-G3 Director {labeled G4 on the unit} is larger because it has 4 ports on it, this has increased it's size and it will not retro fit into an earlier N2-G3 {2 port} Director units place.  I have an original MP3 Director and the N4-G3 unit is almost double the size of the original and being 4 ports, I just don't see it being able to retro-fit into the previous G3 2-port Directors footprint.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:29 PM, cam308 said:

The only way this may be interchangeable, but have doubts, is if the G3 version in the PRO Series LOR1602-Wg3-MP3 Director has the same footprint, I know the G4 Director {N4-G3-Director} is larger than previous G3 Director units, but the N2, if it has the same set up, digital display window, but less ports, may or may not be the same size as the N4-G3 unit.   But I doubt it will fit the LOR unit you're wanting to put it in, because it's much larger than those particular G3 units.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked