Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer Software won't open - solutions?

Aubrey

I've been using LOR 5.4.2 for two months with no issues. This afternoon I built a show set on an SD card (I have a COVID-19 display), went outside to test things, and came back to my computer an hour later no longer being able to open the S5 Sequencer. I had opened the Sequencer earlier to modify a sequence with no trouble; no error reports upon closure. I can open every other piece of software in the LOR suite, just not the Sequencer. I've shut down my computer and restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled 5.4.2 twice, checked the task manager, right clicked to "Troubleshoot Compatibility," tried to "Run As Administrator" (no luck), and ran the LOR Verifer (just for kicks). The only thing that opens the Sequencer is reverting back to 5.3.14 (before the new motion effects, which are used in my newer sequences). I installed 5.4.2 again after getting 5.3.14 to open, and now it 's back to not opening. Has this every happened to anyone? I can't figure out what's going on and I'd really like to be able to use the software again soon.

Thank you!

Aubrey,

I have run into the same issue twice. Here's the thread I started about this issue. I don't know why it happens. So far mine has been ok for the last month. In this thread Matt, suggested creating a help desk ticket, I presume so that they (LOR) could remote into your pc to see whats happening. I see you are running shows now and that may not be a good option for you.

48 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

The only thing that opens the Sequencer is reverting back to 5.3.14 (before the new motion effects, which are used in my newer sequences). I installed 5.4.2 again after getting 5.3.14 to open, and now it 's back to not opening.

Just to clarify. When you installed 5.3.14, then uninstalled it, and reinstalled 5.4.2 did 5.4.2 work for any amount of time? and now it has happened again?

48 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

The only thing that opens the Sequencer is reverting back to 5.3.14 (before the new motion effects, which are used in my newer sequences).

As long as you don't open your sequences in 5.3.14, then nothing will change.

Keep us informed as to what works and what doesn't. There are only a few of us that this happens to.

Alan...

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the link to the thread - I read through it, but I still can't get it to open. Looks like my next step is to open a help desk ticket tomorrow, I just thought I'd try the forums first. After reinstalling 5.4.2 it has never opened again; the only time it worked was when I opened 5.3.14. I've been changing the COVID-19 shows every Monday for the past four weeks so I was hoping to be able to change out the shows tomorrow, but without being able to open the software, it looks like this week's shows might continue for a while...

Aubrey

For anyone else who has this problem - I contacted the help desk and their solution based on what I'd already done was to check for Windows updates and force updates to start if they didn't automatically (which I had to do). After restarting my computer, 5.4.2 opened again and is working just fine! Thanks LOR!

Aubrey

• 3 weeks later...

Been toying with S5 on my laptop, running S4 on show computer and been reluctant to change for these reasons. Following this post, have same problem, per Window, is up to date

As others have indicated above, CP is running, all other modules will open, but the sequencer will not

4 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

Been toying with S5 on my laptop, running S4 on show computer and been reluctant to change for these reasons. Following this post, have same problem, per Window, is up to date

As others have indicated above, CP is running, all other modules will open, but the sequencer will not

From our investigations, this is related to Microsoft updates. Check for the latest updates and install them. This has worked for several customers.

Matt

Thanks Matt. I read in the replies above and checked for updates. Says I am up to date

When I queried the system, it said Windows was up to date. However, if you go to the Windows website, there is a new version available. I installed that version and all seems to be working at this moment

• Thanks 1