Light-O-Rama Forums

Arch

Sanman

Hello all I am making a 5 section traditional lights arch 300 lights per section per color red and white I am using s5 software am I able to go both ways simultaneously if I wanted to jump light from left to middle of arch and right to middle of arch because it doesnt let me choose mirror it only allows left or right please help ty in advance 

If you are using 2 different colors, red and white, you could use one color one direction {Right to Left}, another color the opposite direction {Left to right}, but you can still do one color both ways at the same time, just start the Arch as normal from left to right, then you would reverse it at the same time by having a second section of the same arches set up to go the opposite way {this is how I did it when I first learned how to sequence Arches}.   I know there is an easier way to do this, but at the moment I can't remember how I did it, but I know it is possible.  Just can't recall how I had mine set up in the sequencer.  S5 I wouldn't think would be much different than prior versions for something like this.  

The new option "motion effects" in S5 may be what you need to use now for this, but not really sure as I haven't used it and it's not in versions previous to S5.   At least I don't find it in S4, which is what I currently use.

So hopefully someone can answer if "motion effects" would be the preferred method for S5.

I can only say how I've done it with all the previous versions I've used in the actual sequencer {S3 through S4}.