Light-O-Rama Forums

moving time line?

James Hill

Hello everyone,

Finally decided to take on the growing pains and moved from S3 to S5....I know right!

In S3 you can move the time bar you placed by moving the pointer over and click and drag...now that I am trying to learn this new set up...how is it done in S5? I cannot seem to be able to hover over to grab and drag.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

I moved from S3 to S5 right at 12 months ago.  I was able to move everything from S3 into S5 with almost no problems.  Can't remember the catches I encountered but had everything running in about a days work. There is a big learning curve so take your time,  concentrate on getting the old sequences running correctly in your new network and then being able to modify them.  Watch the videos until your eyes cross.  Then start thinking about adding new props, pixels, etc one at a time.

Not sure I understand your problem but if I am reading it correctly, moving the whole grid left and right is done with the scroll bars at the bottom.  Or are you trying to move some lights you have on as a group left-right within the sequence?

Hello Orchidman,

As if I was creating a new sequence and want to turn on a channel at a particular moment...I can insert a time line for example at one second. Now I realize it should have been a smidge later...instead of deleting the time line and re-inserting a time line...I was able to click and grab...drag and drop to the new position in S3...how do you grab the time line in S5

?

Thanks 'lanopie' the unlock is what I needed. I guess I should have grown with everyone and bumped to S4 then to S5....but learning all over is good.

I will probably have more 'dumb' questions...sorry in advance.