Light-O-Rama Forums

Song is scratching

Sanman

Hello all i dont know if this was ever asked but while i play my song in the s5 sequencer it is scratching so it is difficult to progral around this issue does anyone know how to fix the audio ty for help in advance

Normally you get song scratching from converting YouTube pirated videos to MP3.

If this is your case try using the Amazon/ iTunes or another paid site digital downloads of ripping from a cd.

On another note - I have found some pro aliens with the old vinyl albums that have been digitally remastered.

JR

I did ruin or at least to me my Dell Gaming computer because I thought the update for the sound card “sonic something” was valid. It came from Dell/ MS.

Dell being in bed with MS has still not came up with a solution. The laptop is just a year old. That happened at 8 months.

Dell would replace it but I can’t lose my sequencing  computer so I deal with it.

I use headphones for sequencing and the scratch sound really bothers the ears.

This cause all sorts of havoc with the audio in the laptop.

Its still not good but it did sound scratchy from time to time.

S4 had similar issues for certain songs but  it would actually cause S4 to crash and the only way to fix it was hold the power button to restart the computer.

All work on the sequence was lost even work saved during that session.

JR

15 hours ago, Sanman said:

Hello all i dont know if this was ever asked but while i play my song in the s5 sequencer it is scratching so it is difficult to progral around this issue does anyone know how to fix the audio ty for help in advance

Are you using external speakers {amplified/powered}?

I had to buy a new replacement set due to having similar issues with an older set that started sounding scratchy {although I could plug in a good set of headphones and that worked well}.  I thought it was the computer, but it was my speakers were just worn out.  I usually always keep my computer volume control output at no more than 70% at most.

I also started using 192K as the lowest setting for my MP3 files as I had issues with some MP3's that were converted to 128K that did this as well.

As for getting MP3's from YouTube, sometimes they do come out that way, usually because they were recorded from a Vinyl Record and not a CD or other digital source.  When that happens I just look for another version from a different person or source to get the MP3.  However, I only do this when and for songs that are no longer in print {as they call it}, but it just means the song is no longer for sale.  Sometimes I do it before I buy the song, due to low on funds at times, this is so I can start work on the song, then I'll buy it from one of the music sites as soon as I can do so.

When I need to find a song that's out of circulation, I use a program called Atube Catcher to download and convert the video to an MP3 format, but I always save those as 320K downloads, then convert them to a lower setting {192K for me} later.  That way if the conversion messes up, I still have the original to try again.  But I rarely have to reconvert from the original 320k to 192K format.

Been doing this for years now.

Good Luck.