Light-O-Rama Forums

Those who run Halloween shows

ebrown1972

Back in 2005, 2006, and 2007 me and a friend of mine used to own a haunted house. I had a blast and always was an actor in the haunted house. We actually used an old barn that was in the middle of the country. It was very eerie being out in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, for those of you who do a halloween show,  do you do anything interactive to add a scare factor? I have considered doing a halloween show for the past few years but haven't taken the leap. My idea for a halloween show is to try and actually make it spooky and maybe have a few scares. I have considered making it a walkthrough attraction and having a few actors. I would most llikely only run the halloween show for about 2 weeks. During halloween night I would have a few actors and people could walk through the display with a few scares here and there.

Does anyone else do anything similar? Most halloween shows I have seen are mainly lights and fog. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I would just like to possibly amp it up a little if I decide to take the plunge.

If you do and have video, please post it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

what is your email? and do you have an air compressor? I have 2 props that made two years ago. one was a 25 gallon metal grease can. It had an air cylinder that popped the lid up. Under the lid, I had a glow in the dark skull mounted to it. also had a black light mounted to the inside of it that came on when the lid opened.....

also had 6 Ghost that flew around my yard (axworthy ghost) I had a DC variable speed drive and motor. I used a bicycle wheel and chain and sprockets.. the idler pulleys was just clothes line pulleys. my longest run was about 60 feet... I used 50lb braided fishing line NO STRETCH... at all, or else it will slip. search axworthy ghost on youtube.

I made a flying crank ghost. you can run the black light on one of the standard AC controller.... the motor I used for it was a 7rpm AC motor. ( you can rig it up with a winshield wiper motor. they sell a kit on frightprops.com.. here is where i got the Idea.... mine turned out Fantastic! I made my frame with angle iron. and covered the outside with Weed cloth for the flower beds It really gave it a creepy look...  everything else is identical... the only thing that this doesnt show was that the fabric is Cheese Cloth. you can buy it from anywhere, i got mine from hobby lobby. but the secret to get it to really really glow is to soak it in Rits White wash. then hang it to dry... it works amazingly.

really all show related.... i can send you some videos of my props on email since i do not have a youtube account, all of my videos are too big to put on here.

• The topic was locked