Light-O-Rama Forums

January 6 - someone added more lights & props to their display!

Speedster

While many of us have already torn down (or are in the process of tearing down) our Christmas displays, yesterday I was shocked to see that someone in my town who has a static display actually ADDED more stuff to their display, possibly over the weekend! 

I see their house every day on the way home from work, and like many other houses, I've become very familiar with what they have in their display (I'm sure we lighters probably pay closer attention to other peoples' displays than non-lighters do).  So at a time when we consider the Christmas lighting season to be over, I couldn't believe I saw more window decorations and 10 - 12 of the exact same blow mold Santas in their display yesterday! 

I'm thinking they got everything at great clearance prices and just couldn't wait until next year to put them in their display! 

Or maybe they decided to test them now to make sure they work so they can return them if they don't, since something probably wouldn't be returnable anymore if they discovered it was defective later this year.  If that's the case, I would have tested them in the basement or garage, instead of adding them to a display that will be torn down soon.

Put them out until they figure WHERE to store them?

That's pretty much where I am with my 10 new lampposts. Maybe I should just leave them out all year.

And if they bought them on clearance, I'd say chances are extremely slim they are returnable, even if they don't work.  At least when the stores have their Christmas Clearance on Christmas Decor in my neck of the wood, ALL SALES ARE FINAL in big bold block letters and usually they add NOT RETURNABLE or NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGE or RETURNS.  

This is why if I am going to buy something on CLEARANCE, I'm going to have them open it and test it in store BEFORE I buy and bring it home.  And depending on how bad, and what the defect may be, I may still buy it, if I can possibly hack or repair it to some semblance of working order.   Don't do this as much, or if at all any more, but used to do it a lot when I was younger and more capable.

I sometimes get things on clearance and want to try them out.   Grandson was a big puppy dog pals fan so a blowup for that went up.    But hey, some people just like to celebrate...

As of this evening, all the new window decorations & blow mold Santas that they recently added to their display are still lit.  Whatever their reason is for adding more stuff to their display instead of tearing it down, I'm totally OK with it! 

It's always sad to see more and more houses going dark the further away we get from Christmas.  So it was actually uplifting to see a display shining brighter while the rest of our houses & yards are getting darker.

OMG...today they added 2 big inflatables!!!  😄 If they keep this up I'm going to sneak into their yard at night with my LOR controllers, mini-Director, outdoor speaker,  & SPT1 cords and rewire all their lights & props!  And something tells me they might not even mind!  😄

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Speedster said:

OMG...today they added 2 big inflatables!!!  😄 If they keep this up I'm going to sneak into their yard at night with my LOR controllers, mini-Director, outdoor speaker,  & SPT1 cords and rewire all their lights & props!  And something tells me they might not even mind!  😄

Just our kind of people, crazy and uncontrollable, don't forget to tell them about LOR's spring sale.

Keith

• 1 month later...

Today is Feb 12, and although they took down the inflatables & blow molds in mid-January, as of today they still have their icicle lights & window decor and still turn them on every evening!

• The topic was locked