Light-O-Rama Forums

Error saving music file to sequence

Mark J. M.

I run my show on a computer running windows 10 Pro 64-bit and have run into an error while saving a sequence's music file. This particular sequence would not load the music file for the show and so it would not play during the show. When I go into the sequence and try to update the media file and save it I receive the error:  AdjMmsEng: Cannot create tag engine. After selecting OK, the sequence editor continues to try to convert the media file and then closes out of the program. I do not have issues with any other sequence and all the other sequences have the same media file location. What can I do to resolve this? It is only one sequence so the show still runs but I have never seen this error before and would like to know how to fix the issue.

Two things to try. Use Audacity or another audio file editor.

Convert the audio file to .WAV. If you are using a director you HAVE to use mp3 of course.

Download it again and make sure it's Constant Bit Rate in Audacity.

Sounds like a corrupt media file.

Also make sure it's the same length as the sequence.

OK, that's three things.

As an aside, all I use is WAV files, saves a lot of hassle with mp3. No director here.

Also if using Audacity make sure the Project Rate in the lower left corner is 44100Hz. I have noticed that some I get from Amazon are 48000 and LOR will not load them until I convert them.

• The topic was locked