Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with superstar

bbig

Hello, last year a young man in our neighborhood gave up his life attacking a school shooter.  I would like to incorporate his name into one of my sequences but I have no idea how to do that.  Does anyone have a tutorial on how to accomplish this?  I've used superstar to create some basic sequences with morphs etc.

What are you going to display the name on?  Displaying on a pixel tree for example is pretty easy in SuperStar.

In SS - Tools - Text

If you can build morphs you can figure it out. Make a text there, open your other SS sequence and copy paste. You can have multiple instances of SS open at once.

JR

50 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

In SS - Tools - Text

If you can build morphs you can figure it out. Make a text there, open your other SS sequence and copy paste. You can have multiple instances of SS open at once.

JR

I will give that a shot.  

11 minutes ago, TexasLights said:

I assume S4 also had motion effect options in sequencer, one of those is text and that is pretty easy to do too...

You know what they say about assuming. Motion Effects is new S5.

JR

11 minutes ago, bbig said:

Yes, was thinking about s crolling his name and saying thank you.  I'm not very creative.

Its pretty automatic.

When you open text about midway down you see ABCDEF.....  Put your name in there, adjust fonts, font size, speed, direction to how you need it.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You know what they say about assuming. Motion Effects is new S5.

JR

good to know, since I migrated to S5 this year before I added pixels.   The motion effects are quite extensive and pretty nice.   I use them a lot for the pixels although superstar comes in handy for certain use cases.  

There is a video tutorial on superstar Text. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs." Scroll down until you find the Superstar section. There is one on basic text and one on advanced text.

OK, I was able to create the message in SS and exported it to SE.  I tried to cut and paste it into the existing sequence but all it does is flash at that time.  What is the correct way to add it to the sequence?   Thanks again for the help!

Try playing the file that was exported from superstar "stand alone" and verify it looks the way you want.

When you copy/paste it into your main sequence it should look the same.

17 hours ago, bbig said:

OK, I was able to create the message in SS and exported it to SE.  I tried to cut and paste it into the existing sequence but all it does is flash at that time.  What is the correct way to add it to the sequence?   Thanks again for the help!

When you make it in SS use the song that you will be importing it to.

Sounds like your timing is way to short. You need to extend the name longer. 

It takes practice and patience

JR