Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I create an LMS file in 5.3.12

pouterson1

Can anyone tell me how create an .lms file in S5 5.3.12?  I found some in an LORinternal directory but when I create a sequence and save it in the sequence editor, I can't find an .lms file in that directory.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for the help.

Paul

LMS files are created automatically as needed by the program, and saved in the LORinternal as you noticed.  I'm not understanding why you are thinking to create one manually and what you will do with it?

Edited by Richard Hamilton

lms was the extension for S4, in S5, the files saved as loredit extension.   It is possible to export a file from superstar as an lms file but it will get converted on open/save in sequencer.  

Edited by TexasLights

How to create Playback files with 5.3.x

1. Start control panel

2. Double click the light bulb to open the log window.

3. Right click the light bulb and open show editor

4. click musical and then add your sequences

5. click the options tab then be sure to tick Sequences are loaded before any are played.

6. save that show as something you'll remember easily.

7. close show editor 

8. right click the light bulb and open Show on demand

9. select your show you created in step 6.

10. click OK and you'll see in the log window it'll begin creating playback files. Once you hear the first song start it's finished and you can end that show playback

11. Your newly created files will be in \Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L

• Like 1

Got it.  Didn't realize that you don't need the .lms files anymore.  Things seem to be running smoothly.  Thanks for the feedback, everyone!